43: Failure isn't a luxury we can afford!

There was a twenty minute intermission following the completion of the first act and during this time, countless people who had received a flood texts from their friends already in the audience urging them to come lest they miss the greatest spectacle of the festival frantically spilled into the gym.

There weren't enough chairs in the audience section to accommodate this influx of latecomers so at the start of the second act, many students and even a few teachers were now sharing chairs, sitting on the ground directly, or even standing. This was the inevitable allure of Kigaku's most popular couple starring a crossdressing revision of Cinderella.

A few seconds into the act, Yuki who hadn't appeared for a while finally made a reappearance in the story.

Madoka cocked his head to one side and stared at the fidgeting Yuki. "Anxious?"

Yuki shook his head, then smiled. "I'd say I'm more excited than anxious. The Royal Ball is only four days away!"

Madoka winked. "Don't be. The almighty me is assisting you after all."

In front of the stage half the audience clutched on their hearts as they desperately tried to burn the image of an arrogantly winking Madoka into their hearts. 

Yuki's smile widened. "Yes, and for that I'll always be grateful. Who would've imagined that someone like me would have a chance with Shiki ouji-sama?"

"You know, you really oughta stop thinking of Shiki-chan as some superior being far out of your reach, Eira-chan," advise Madoka as he carefully reclined against a chair making sure not to damage his fake wings. "Once you move pass the royal lineage, he's not that much different than any other boy in the kingdom. He has his strengths but he also has his flaws."

"Flaws?"

"Mhm." Madoka chuckled as he reminisced. "Did I ever tell you about the time that he nearly fainted because a teeny tiny frog jumped onto his lap?"

"I don't think so..."

"I might've forgotten to mention that one," Madoka admitted, "but I've definitely told you about his fear of insects right?"

"Yes, you have."

"Ooh, I might've also forgotten to mentioned this earlier but Shiki-chan has childish eating habits too!" Madoka snickered. "Isn't it funny that he refuses to eat green peppers at his age?"

"Really?"

"Yes, he hates them with a passion. Yet, for some reason he'll eat red peppers though."

"Wow..."

"Of course, he's not all useless though," remarked Madoka as his expression betrayed his evident admiration. "Shiki-chan is more hardworking than anyone I know. At least once a week he'll stay up all night to review documents. Whenever he reads a report about a village suffering from the effects of a bad harvest, he'll always secretly send aid with his own funds. Yet, despite all of this, he doesn't act ostentatious in the least."

"He really is amazing after all, isn't he?"

"Almost annoyingly so."

"You're really amazing too, fairy godmother-sama!" Without warning, Yuki enveloped Madoka in a hug. "If it wasn't for you, I never would've gotten to know so much about the person I love."