16: I wouldn't say these things to anyone but you.

Because Shizuka sensed that Madoka genuinely meant every word that he said, she was rendered speechless.

After a while Shizuka smiled somewhat peculiarly and commented, "You're quite the romantic, Madoka."

Madoka smiled. "Am I?"

You were wrong, Satoru-kun, I'm not a good person. What I'm doing now is completely unlike what a good person would do.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

When the school day ended, Shizuka and Madoka were finally able to walk home together for the first time

Vividly coloured leaves continuously swirled around them and eventually landed on the ground, lining their path as they walked. Yet, Shizuka remained oblivious to it all.

From the time that they had left the classroom, to the time they walked out of the gates, Shizuka had been uncharacteristically silent as she internally wrestled with her conflicting thoughts and feelings.

"Is something bothering you, Shizuka?"

You. You're what's bothering me.

Shizuka shook her head and smiled weakly. "I'm just thinking of what we should do for our date."

Madoka pursed his lips. "If it's stressing you out that much, you don't have to worry about it. I can take care of it. I don't like seeing you troubled."

"No, I want to organize it. It's just..." I need to steel my resolve. Being this half-assed isn't like me.

"Hm?"

In an otome game, once you begin on a route, you can only stick with that route until the end of the game. Whether or not the ending you get is the best ending or the good ending or even the bad ending is entirely up to your own choices. So don't wimp out me! Losing isn't an option anymore.

With new-found determination Shizuka boldly confessed, "Madoka, I want to know more about you."

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything. Everything. Tell me something about you that I don't already know. It doesn't have to be anything earth-shattering. I just realized that I don't know you all that well and the only way I thought of getting to know you is through asking you a lot questions."

Madoka let out a small smile. "Didn't you do some research on me already?"

In the next moment, Shizuka found the notebook filled with information about Madoka from her bag and began to ruthlessly tear out pages from it. The sounds of paper being fiercely torn out of the notebook disrupted the otherwise quiet and serene setting. When she finished removing the pages from the book, she started to shred each individual page into bits. When all the pages were confetti sized, she tossed the debris into the nearest recycling bin.