21: Doesn't it seem like I'm falling in love with him first?!

"Let's see, Saotome-san wrote, "His willingness to please me because I deserve to be adored" while Kajou-san wrote, "My explosive strength 'cause it makes my girl feel protected." Unfortunately this is not match so you two lose 50 points!"

Kuzuda frowned. "Didn't you say you like my strength?"

Mari crossed her arms and turned away. "As if you even have the right to talk, you didn't even know my dream travel spot!"

"Moving on, Umi-san wrote "His gentleness because it makes people feel at ease" and Nagi-san wrote "My gentleness maybe? Since it makes people feel comfortable?" for that couple number two gets an additional 60 points! Nice going!"

Sora smiled as he reached for Umi's hand. "I'm glad we managed to get through that."

Umi nodded and smiled in turn. "Mn. Me too."

"Now Yoshino-chan wrote "His faithfulness because he'll bring happiness to the one he loves" and Semi-kun wrote "My faithfulness because it'll allow me to fully treasure Shizuka." Tegaru wrinkled her nose. "Hmm, there's a vague difference in wording here."

"So what? Just give them 350 points, it's practically the same!"

"350!"

"350!"

"Settle down everyone!" projected Tegaru in a firm voice.

Tapping her nose thoughtfully Tegaru explained, "As MC I now have a decision to make. The discrepancies in couple number three's answers lies in the second halves of their answers. Yoshino-san spoke more generally about the person Semi-kun loves, while Semi-kun specifically mentioned Yoshino-chan. So, I guess the only way to resolve this by asking Semi-kun one question."

Tegaru smiled widely as she peered at Madoka. "Is the person you'd be faithful to, the person you love, the person you'll bring happiness to and the person you want to fully treasure, one and the same? In other words, is that person the one standing next to you right now?"

Madoka lowered his gaze and then looked up a bit shyly with pink cheeks. "...Was it not clear enough from what I wrote? My friend told me that if I say these things aloud too many times, the words will start to lose meaning."

He paused as he casted a glance at Shizuka and then softly sighed, "In the first place, the person I'm trying to convey these words to...already seems to not believe me..."

The hearts of nearly everyone present imploded at Madoka's words.

"Oh my god, why don't you believe him, lady?! I can feel his sincerity from here!"

"High school students these days are so bold!"

"Ahhhh say no more, Semi-kun!" cried Tegaru with her hand clenched over her chest. "I think all of us here have understood exactly how you feel! Couple number three gets an additional 350 points! This brings up to the end of round one which was filled with shocking twists up until the very end!"

"And cut!" called Director Minami. "Good work everyone! We'll be taking a ten minute break to set up for the next round!"

A second after the director finished speaking Shizuka began to crouch down behind the heart-shaped stand where the two of them stood.

Madoka blinked. "What are you doing?"

"Sitting," replied Shizuka awkwardly hovering in mid-air. "I wanted to rest my legs for a bit since we don't know how long this will go on for."

"Wait," said Madoka as he began taking off his cardigan. "Lay this down first. The ground is cold."

Shizuka waved Madoka's outstretched cardigan away unconcernedly. "It's okay. It'll just make your cardigan dirty."