48: You're much more wild and unihibited than I would've imagined.

"Come out of there, Madoka."

There was a look of exasperation on Shizuka's face as she stared at Madoka whom had crawled underneath the wooden table.

She couldn't reconcile this pitiful image of his now with the tyrannical one he had only minutes earlier.

How was this the boy whom blindly ravaged her lips until her legs went numb and she became so out of breath that she almost fainted? How was this the boy whom had held onto her jaw so tightly that there were still faint red marks remaining? How was this the boy whom brazenly bit her bottom lip when he finally and begrudgingly released her?

Shizuka gingerly traced her bottom lip with her finger with an aggrieved appearance.

How was the silly boy whom was trying and failing to minimize his presence by curling up into a ball in front of her the same one whose intense kissing had threatened to engulf her existence if even just for a short moment?!

It just doesn't make any sense!

"Madoka, it's time to come out," Shizuka repeated after a while.

"No."

"No?" she echoed incredulously. "What do you mean no?"

"I mean it in the literal sense. I'm not moving from this place," he insisted stubbornly.

Shizuka felt as if she were dealing with a young and rebellious child as she knitted her brows together.

"Eventually you're going have to come out from there, Madoka," she stated as she crouched down by the table. "It's not like you could just stay there forever, right?"

"Yes, I can," he retorted. "I can and I will. From now on, this will be my new home."

Receiving this nonsensical retort Shizuka was left sputtering, "W-what?"

Instead of replying, Madoka simply inched further away from her.

Shizuka's tolerance was pushed to its limit. "What do you think you're doing, Madoka? Quit messing around and get out here already!" How dare you throw a tantrum like this when it was obviously me who was taken advantage of!

"I said I'm not coming out so I'm not."

"But why? Why are you this insistent on not coming out?"

Madoka ignored her as he buried his head deeper into his knees.

"Semi Madoka! Answer me!" she snapped. Now that you've stole my first kiss you're just going to snub me?!

Madoka remained unspeaking.

Shizuka fiercely glared at him. "If you don't give me an answer now then don't think of appearing before me ever again!"

After saying this, she took the thing closest to her which happened to be her previously worn rabbit mask and angrily flung it at Madoka.

Underneath the veil of darkness created by the table's shadow, Madoka's body involuntary trembled—not because of the weak physical impact of the mask to his arm but because of the emotional impact of her threat to his heart.

You're really not going to say anything? Fine!

Just as Shizuka stood up to leave, she heard Madoka whisper, "If you're going to hate me, then I'd rather stay under this table forever."

For a second, Shizuka froze in place before she slowly plopped back down.

"Why would I hate you?" she asked blankly.