37: Rather than an actual threat, at best, you're more of a minor inconvenience.

"I really hoped it wouldn't be you, Ichinomiya Aoi."

Aoi scrunched up his face unhappily. "I didn't do anything."

"Seriously? You're still trying to deny it? I literally caught you fleeing the crime scene!" Shizuka grabbed Aoi's collar roughly. "They may not seem like much to you, but do you know much blood, sweat, and tears we invested into those costumes and set pieces?! Even if you hate me, you shouldn't harm our class, you stupid idiot!"

Aoi pushed Shizuka away from him. "I said it wasn't me!"

"Then why did you run?!"

"Because I knew that if I stayed, it'd look like I did it when I didn't!" huffed Aoi.

Shizuka narrowed her eyes as she released him. "Fine. I'll give you a chance to explain yourself but just know that if I find any inconsistencies with your testimony, I'm telling both the principal and your beloved Madoka-senpai about everything."

Shizuka saw Aoi's face become at least four shades paler at the mention of his idol. After a while, he weakly muttered, "Fine, I'll tell you what I know."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

As it wasn't convenient to continue their discussion at school, the two relocated to the seating area in front of a nearby convenience store

Shizuka got straight to the point. "What were you doing in our classroom, Ichinomiya?"

"Is that where we're starting?"

Shizuka smiled coldly. "Where else should we start? From when you sent me a threatening text or from when you vandalized my locker or maybe it'd be better to start from when you fed me something I'd be allergic to? Now that we're here, why not talk about it all?"

Aoi furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't do any of that stuff you mentioned...except for the locker thing..."

"Huh, so you're admitting to the minor indiscretion but not the major ones."

"That's because I didn't do that other stuff!"

"And you did all this because you don't like me, right?"

Aoi rolled his eyes at her. "Of course, I don't like you, senpai. I was trying to hide it but I guess you found out after all. Not that it matters. In any case, someone like you isn't good enough for Madoka-senpai."

Shizuka grew indignant. "Who are you to say who's suitable for Madoka and who's not?"

What are you, a disapproving mother-in-law?