22: You're right. I'm yours...That means you can't throw me away, okay?

Everyone in the surrounding area went slack-jawed at Madoka's unexpected declaration, including Shizuka.

Tegaru who was a true professional was the first to recover her nerves. "Um, I beg your pardon, Semi-kun, but are you sure you want to forfeit this round?"

Madoka nodded.

Kuzuda loudly snickered. "Are you that unconfident in your ability to find your little girlfriend? Or are you unconfident in her ability to find you?"

"Running away when the going gets difficult, how pathetic," added Mari mockingly.

Tegaru rolled her eyes inwardly at Kuzuda and Mari's immaturity but maintained a composed expression when she addressed Madoka. "You get three guesses, Semi-kun, and there's no penalty for guessing wrong so it's a worth giving it a shot. I know you guys are doing well, but if you falter in this round you could end up losing the entire game."

"It doesn't matter," replied Madoka in a steady voice. "I'd rather give up the entire game if that means not having to touch people who aren't Shizuka or watching Shizuka touch other people."

Tegaru blinked. "Even if it'll just be for a few minutes?"

Madoka's hold on Shizuka's hand tightened. "I'd rather not endure it for even a second."

"Yoshino-chan, do you agree with this decision?"

Shizuka stared at Madoka's decidedly serious expression for a few seconds before concurring, "Yes, I agree...Please let us forfeit this round."

"Well this is unprecedented but since both partners have willingly chosen to not participate then we will respect their wishes. This brings us to the end of our third round!"

Feeling the warmth from Madoka's body still being transmitted to her through their firmly connected hands, Shizuka unconsciously smiled. This guy's jealousy is easily triggered and his desire to monopolize is insanely strong, but somehow...I don't necessarily hate him for it...

When Shizuka realized that she was once again becoming more accepting of her self-declared greatest rival, she became unhinged and quickly shook Madoka's hand off her own. Stop finding his strange behaviour endearing! Don't let yourself fall into the enemy's trap! Focus on his weaknesses! Weaknesses!

"In this unpredictable third round, we saw huge changes take place in the rankings of the three couples. Couple number two whom were lagging behind shot up to first place; while couple number one fell back down to third place as they were unable to gain any points in this round! Couple number three shocked us all by forfeiting which made them drop from first place to second place!"

"It's not fair!" one woman cried. "Shouldn't they get some bonus points for being true to their partner?"

"Yeah! Isn't this a romance game show? Give them extra points for being the most romantic couple!"

"They only want to be in physical contact with each other, is that so wrong?!"

Tegaru held up her hands in apology. "Sorry, everyone! Rules are rules so we are unable to give couple three additional points. But don't give up on your favourite pair yet as we still have one last round left. Our victors are still undecided!"

With Tegaru's coaxing, the incensed crowd settled down a bit.

"Our last round, that will decide which pair takes home our grand prize, is called One Final Heart Attack! In this round, one partner from each pair will be tasked with making their partner's heart rate increase."

At this point various set pieces and props such as a wall, a window, a small table, a bouquet of flowers, and a teddy bear, were rushed onto stage.