Chapter 17 : I Love You

You heard the birds chirping outside and the sun greeted you in this bright morning.

"Waah, today's Thursday already!" you said loudly as you stretched your arms.

You got ready to go to school and you arrived there not as early as yesterday, but pretty early. You went into the classroom and saw a few students there, some of them were chatting and a few were doing their homeworks.

You went to your usual spot and sat. You opened your book and started studying. The exams are coming next week, starting from Monday until Wednesday. You really needed to be in top 5 so your mom will buy you a bike.

"Y/N-ah! Good morning!" you heard a voice greeted you, and that must be NaEun.

You turned your head and smiled, "Morning!"

She pulled a chair and sat next to you. She made a shock face when she saw your book opened on your table.

"You're studying?! Seriously like, now?" she shouted.

The other students were looking at us while I gave them a 'sorry' face. Then, they went back doing their own things.

"Why are you so loud?!?" you whispered.

"And why are you whispering? This isn't a library!" NaEun said, rolling her eyes.

"Yea yea, whatever," you said, rolling your eyes too.

"Anyway, do you want to come to my house today? Let's study together, I heard that the exams will be so hard and complicated!" you asked.

"Nope! I'm too lazy to study today. Besides, my cousins are coming today so I need to meet them," NaEun replied happily.

"Yeah okay fine.."

"Why are you even studying now? You'll forget everything later if you study too early!" NaEun said.

"Look, I'm actually lazy too! But the thing is that I really want a bike! If I don't get into top 5, my mom won't buy me a bike!" you explained, a bit frustrated.

"Don't you have a bike?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No, my bike was gone last time. So I need to walk everytime I go to school," you stated.

"Poor you," she patted your back.

"Fighting!! You can do this!" she smiled.

"Gomawo, NaEun-ah!" you smiled back.

"Ooh I heard Doyoung isn't coming today, he's sick," NaEun stated.

"Really? Good then," you replied with no expression.

"You don't care?"

"Nope, why would I?" you answered, remembering the time when he pushed you harshly.

"Seriously Y/N? He's sick!" NaEun defended him.

"My knees and my hands are also hurt! And it's all because of him!" you argued.

"Well I care if he's sick," NaEun said and went back to her seat.

You shrugged and studied back.

As usual, the class went smoothly except the fact that the teachers gave you so many homeworks.

Soon, it's dismissal already and you went home straight to study. Your knees were still hurting a bit when you walked but you decided to just ignore it.

*Ringgg! Ringgg!*

Your phone suddenly rang and you quickly picked up without looking at the caller id.