Chapter 25 : Cold

Baekhyun's POV

A single tear ran down my cheek after I ended the call. I'm hurting her and myself. If I have to do this all the time, I might get crazy. I couldn't do this anymore. I need to find a way to get these things done.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and wiped my tear. I should ask Chanyeol for help. I went inside my room to see if he's there. Luckily, he's there playing with his game.

"Chan," I called.

"Wait don't bother me! This will end soon, I need to win!" he shouted, focusing on the game.

"Chan, I'm serious. I need to talk to you," I said.

He ignored me so I sighed and sat on the bed, staring blankly at the floor. After about a minute, I didn't hear any of the game sound so I looked up and saw Chanyeol standing near me, was about to sit down.

"Yes Baek? Something happened?" he smiled widely, looking at me.

"I've got a trouble, like a very big trouble. And I need your help," I said.

"It must be about Y/N, right?"

I nodded and I explained the whole thing to him, starting from the incident when Doyoung threatened me until the fact that I had to start acting cold in front of Y/N and made her date Doyoung.

"Are you dumb?" he asked, after I have done explaining.

"What?"

"Why would you agree with him? And make her date him? Are you insane?" he looked at me in disbelieve.

"Then what can I do? He has the data of my parents and he even tracked them!" I said in frustration.

He sighed, "Tell Y/N about this."

"Now are you the one who's insane?!"

"No listen, tell Y/N to act with you. Act in front of Doyoung that you guys hate each other and broke up, but you're actually not," he explained.

That's actually a good idea.

"But you need to be careful though," he said.

Just after he said that, my phone vibrated. I frowned when I got a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: Nice idea, but if you dare to tell Y/N about this, you won't see your parents anymore.

My eyes widened as I looked around panickly.

"Baek, what happen?" Chan asked.

I was speechless that time so I handed him the phone, he also had the same reaction as mine.

I gasped when I thought of something, "My phone! He put a recorder on my phone! He can hear everything we talk about!"

"H--how do you know?!"

"Then what else can he do to hear all our conversation? He must've put it on my phone!" I said as I opened the back of my phone and threw it to the dustbin.

"What are you doing?!" Chanyeol shouted.

"I need to destroy this," I said.

He stopped my hands, "No, stop!"

I ignored him and continued what I was doing.

"Baek calm down!" he raised his voice.

"Please.. Let's think of another way, put your phone outside," he softened.

I looked at him and sighed as I stood up and went outside.

End of POV

It has been one day since Baekhyun talked to you. Today's Sunday and yesterday he didn't contact you at all so did you.