One

« 1—Talia»
~~~•~~~

Edit 2022: this was written when I was 13, this is not meant to erase a gay character, it was merely for experimental writing with a character I liked after seeing many fan fictions like this about Alec at the time

Edit 2022: this was written when I was 13, this is not meant to erase a gay character, it was merely for experimental writing with a character I liked after seeing many fan fictions like this about Alec at the time. It is in no way an attack on the LGBT community as I respect and understand now after knowing no better 7 years ago, the hate and oppressions most have faced. It is simply a playful piece of writing with no deeper meaning. Please take it this way, if you wish for a true representation of the character, please look for Alec x male oc.

~~~•~~~
Talia sat playing with a plain, small dagger, reading a book at the kitchen table as she heard her mother squeal from reading Simon's tweet on Clary getting into the art academy.

She didn't even have that much of a reaction when Talia had been accepted into Harvard University two years ago. It was just a simple and monotonal, 'Well done'.

She had always been the quiet one in the family, mainly because she had never been given to chance to put herself forward. So, she decided to put her emotions into combat and self-defence, leading her to the dagger throwing.

She'd started doing this even before she had found out that she was a Shadowhunter.

It was an accident, how it had happened, really. When Talia was sixteen, walking back home from school, she had come across a boy who was just above her age at the time. She could only distinguish his jet black hair as he fought a monstrous-looking beast using a weird glowing sword.

He had a bow and quiver on his back, but obviously couldn't use it in close combat. The demon threw the boy harshly to the side and because she was stood behind where the boy had been thrown, the monster instantly locked eyes with her and came charging.

She had picked up the unusually bright glowing sword that the boy had dropped, weighing the strange material in her hands before turning back to face the demonic creature.

As soon as the monster came into her range, she had jumped up and wrapped her legs around the humanoid demon, swinging herself up and landing on its shoulders. Then, without a second thought, stabbed it straight through the skull. It had immediately disintegrated at the swords touch, making her fall onto the damp, cold ground.

She knew she had killed something, but she wasn't scared or frightened by what she had done, she felt relieved as though that was what had to be done. And she had of course saved that boys' life.

The boy that was no longer where she had last seen him. She had looked around for him and only saw a dark flash of movement, catching a glimpse of blue eyes.