Chap 1

DONT READ UNTIL YOUVE SEEN EPISODE ONE OF SEASON THREE. I don't want to spoil that great episode.

"And that's why you shouldn't go into space unprepared." My grandfather laughed.

"It must have been fun going on all those adventures with Rick." I replied.

"As much fun as it was, that man was dangerous." He said. "He was so smart, he could turn the whole world into a black hole, and he did to multiple worlds."

"What happened between you two?"

"His wife didn't want him to keep doing that, and he refused to stop." He shook his head. "He abandoned them, me, and everyone he ever loved or cared about. I don't know what I would do if I saw-"

The car came to a screeching halt as we passed a house with the garage open. A man was sitting in a chair, whose eyes locked with my grandfathers.

"Grandpa?" I asked.

He opened the door, and stood up.

"Rick?" He said, his jaw basically on the ground.

Rick stood up, placing his flask on the table as tears brimmed in his eyes.

"H-Hey." Rick replied shakily.

"Grandpa what's going on?" I said quietly.

"I see you've got grandkids too, huh?" Rick said tilting his head to the side.

"Come here you asshole." My grandfather said, nearly in tears himself.

They began hugging to my surprise, and my jaw dropped. They began talking and laughing, and eventually departing after nearly ten minutes.

"Well that was weird." I said.

"You have no clue." My grandfather replied, pulling into our driveway, which was right next door.

"We're eating dinner with their family." He said, picking up a few boxes from the trunk.

I got out to see Rick give a slight wave, and close his garage. I sighed as I picked up some boxes too, walking into the new house.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Grandpa asked.

"I miss mom and dad." I replied softly.

"I know, I know." He said, patting my back. "Why don't we get some ice cream? Just me and you?"

"I can't turn that down."

"Who could?" He laughed, causing me to laugh too.

We placed the boxes down in the living room, and got back into the car. We past Ricks house once again, the blue haired man watching our car from the doorway as we drove off. I couldn't help but wonder what that mans been through.

We heard that he turned himself into the federation nearly two years ago, and it shocked my whole family. Not even a few hours after, alien ships started to arrive and take over the planet.

My mother and father led a revolution, ending in their deaths along with everyone else's in that damn army. They just weren't powerful enough for that. My grandfather tried desperately to get them to stay, which they refused.

He knew what they could do, and my parents never listened. They tried to take me too, but I knew better than to disobey him. He was the smartest in our family, why wouldn't I listen to him?

Only a few weeks ago did the federation leave, causing the remaining humans to rebuild cities, towns, and their hope for themselves. Nobody knew what happened, but my grandfather never lost hope in Rick.

He'd never show it, but he cared for him. His wife made him choose between space, and her, and Rick chose space. My grandfather never got to say goodbye, and always wondered what happened to him. That was until the giant heads appeared, and disappeared. He knew Rick was the cause of it, and that he helped end it.

Seeing him after twenty three years (I think), probably messed him up in the slightest bit.

"So, how are you doing with the move?" He asked, steering with one hand as he ate his ice cream.

"It's alright." I shrugged. "Didn't have many friends back home anyway."

"I'm sorry sweetie." He sighed. "I couldn't stand not seeing them come home, and hearing you cry every night..." he paused.

"I know Grandpa. It's okay." I said.

"I should have done more (Y/N)..." he said. "Maybe if I did they would still be here..."

"There isn't anything you can do." I said, confidence masking my sadness. "It's in the past, and they're gone. You can't do anything."

"Y-Yeah." He nodded his head. "You're right."

"We have dinner with the Rick in an hour, don't forget." I said, changing the subject.

The car stopped in our driveway once again, but instead of unpacking, I went into the backyard. Wild flowers were growing in the tall grass, only for Rick to poke his head over the fence and look at me.

"Sup." I said.

"You need help with that?" He asked, rummaging in his pocket for something.

"Nope." I replied, pressing a button on my watch, causing the grass to be perfectly cut.

He looked at me stunned, causing me to smirk. "See you at dinner Sanchez." I waved, walking back inside.

"Lawns cut!" I yelled.

"Alright!" My grandfather replied. "You ready for dinner?"

"Give me a minute." I said, rushing to the bathroom.

"Alright, just come by when you're ready!" He yelled, closing the front door.

I stood, staring at myself in the mirror.

"You have one shot (Y/N)." I said to myself. "You're finally meeting the smartest man in the galaxy, who single handedly took down the entire galactic government."

I fixed my hair, and then pissed on the toilet. After quickly washing my hands, and another pep talk in the mirror, I rushed out the bathroom door, tripping over my own two feet.

"Hey what's taking so-" Grandpa said walking in. "Holly crap you're bleeding."

I sat up, blood dripping out of a wound on m head. "I-I'm fine." I replied, wiping the blood, only for it to smudge slightly.

"Maybe we should cancel-"

"No!" I shouted. "J-Just get me a bandage and I'll be fine."

He sighed and handed me one.

He knew me by now. He knows that I do science experiments that sometimes cause physical harm to my body, or even trip or stub my toe sometimes. Anyway, he's always prepared for injuries.

"You sure you're alright?"

I nodded my head, ignoring the stinging pain from the wound.