Chapter 8

TRIGGER WARNING

"I'm home!" Grandpa said, walking through the door.

"In the garage!" I yelled back.

"What are you working on?" He asked, leaning on the doorframe.

"Robotic dog." I shrugged, turning around.

"Cool." He nodded. "Anyway, wanted to know if you wanted to get something to eat, just got paid over time so..."

"Yeah, sure." I said, taking off my safety glasses.

"Great, wanna hit McDonald's? I heard they came out with the Szechuan sauce again."

"Heck to the yeah." I smiled.

I stood up and walked out the garage door. I waited for my grandfather to leave, and then closed it and locked it. I'd rather not have someone steal thousands of dollars of stolen equipment. I worked very hard for all of those.

"Still locking the garage?" Grandpa laughed.

"I don't trust these people." I smirked.

He unlocked the Dodge Ram, and I got in the passenger side. He got in the drivers side, and started the car. He looked over at me, as I was staring at the garage.

"Do you think das would be proud?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

"Absolutely." He said confidently.

But he wouldn't know. Nobody would. And he wouldn't be proud of what I've done, what I've said, anything. He wouldn't be proud that I've stolen from the large companies that run America, or the fact I've killed at least 20 of him, or that I didn't care he was gone.

Sure I was sad, but he was always so distant from me. I just wanted to be noticed by my own father, the one person who was supposed to be there for me. My mother was always busy with work, because my father always gave to charity, and always bought more and more stuff for his science.

He wasn't successful. Everyone knew that. I knew that.

I wanted to be better than him, be something that would get him to notice me. I would show him my creations, and he would sell them for little money. He never thought of me as a intelligent girl, just a small child who would get no where in my life.

"Honey?" He asked. "It's never good when you zone out like that..."

"Why did I believe I could be anything in his eyes." I said.

"You were his world (Y/N)-"

"No I wasn't." I shook my head. "He sold anything I made that was worth millions, for a quarter. He didn't care for my work, he didn't care for anything I did. He just cared for himself."

"Do you really think that's what he did?" He asked.

"Let's just get food." I said, changing the subject.

"Darling he loved your work... nobody else believed it was worth anything so he sold it for as much as he could get..."

"Well he's dead so nothing matters." I huffed.

I unbuckled the seatbelt, opened the truck door, and got out. "I'm not hungry anymore." I said, closing the door.

"(Y/N)!" My grandfather said, taking the key out of the truck.

I unlocked the garage door, and opened it. I closed it before my grandfather was able to walk in. I ran to the back door, locking that as well.

"(Y/N) please, you need to eat hunny."

"No, I don't." I said. "What I need is to be alone, forever."

"What?"

"Ask Rick." I said.

"What did he do to you." He said seriously.

"He didn't do anything." I said truthfully. "Just ask him what's wrong with me. I'm sure he'll tell you."

"(Y/N)-"

"If you're curios, just go ask him okay?"

I heard a doorbell ring, and my grandfathers feet rush after the door. He opened it, and I could only hear the muffled voices of Rick, and an aggravated Grandfather.

"(Y/N) open up." Rick said, banging on the door.

"Why should I do that?"

"Because you aren't dangerous." He said. "Now open the damn door."

"Brendon Urie says to keep it closed."

"This isn't the time for sarcastic jokes."

"Rick just leave me alone." I said.

"(Y/N) I promise you that you aren't a danger to anyone."

"Tell that to the kid I nearly killed, and yourself. Rick I nearly shot you!" I said, walking over to the door. "I-I don't want to hurt anyone Rick. Just let me be, and I can't harm anyone!"

He portaled into to room, just as I cocked the gun. The cold tip of the barrel resting on my temple. His eyes went wide as his gaze met mine.

"(Y/N) this isn't the answer-"

"It's the only possible way to end my suffering." I said. "Don't lie to yourself Rick. You can't fix me, nobody can."

"(Y/N) just put the gun down, okay? We can talk about this-"

"No." I shook my head. "I'm machine. a killing. Machine. I'm nothing Rick."

"You are everything." He replied.

"No. I'm not."

"You're the answer to everything."

"That doesn't even make sense!" I yelled, the hand holding the gun, falling to the side of my hip. "You don't make sense Rick! You told me being near you would break me, but guess what?! I've been broken since age five.

"My mother decided she didn't want me anymore, so she gave me to my father and left. She would only come home late at night, as high as a plane. I would try to talk to her and she'd hit me, telling me I'm worthless!

"She's right! She's always been right! My father tried desperately to show me love, but he was to caught up in his stupid experiments to help with anything! I cried myself to sleep every night, awaiting the mother I knew. But guess what?

"She never came. Because she didn't exist. She never existed. My father tried, so hard to make things work for me, but nothing ever did. It got to the point where I didn't care about them. I gave up.

"I ran away for two weeks, only for my grandfather to find me. He hasn't left me since. He's the only one there, and he's the only one who still believes they were good people.

"They didn't leave to fight the federation Rick. They abandoned me. Abandoned everything because they couldn't handle it anymore. My grandfather thinks I don't know, But I do, and it doesn't matter.

"Goodbye Rick." I said, pulling the trigger on my head.

Only nothing happened.

"I took out the bullets during your rant." He shrugged, taking the gun away from me. "Dude you need to chill. That's in the past, your mother sucks, big whoop. We've all got issues, just  fucking deal with it (Y/N).

"You and I both know you're stronger than this,  so suck it up."

My legs gave up on me as I fell forward. Rick caught me, and became the only thing holding me up.

"I know." He whispered, rubbing my back in circular motions. "Everything's alright, you're fine now."

I began to fall asleep once again, my brain was unable to process what happened. My eyes shut, my breathing slowed, all in Ricks arms.

"I'm sorry." I whispered before the world disappeared into a dream.