Chapter 24

"Mom?!" I yelled, running over to her.

I wrapped my arms around her, tears flowing down my face as she hugged back.

"Hey my little (N/N)." She said, pulling me closer.

"Where were you?! And where's dad?" I asked, breaking apart with a large smile on my face.

"He... uhm... he's gone..." She said, her smile fading.

"What do you mean?" My heart sank.

"Honey, he was killed..." she said, pain being written all over her face.

I closed my eyes and breathed in, ignoring the pain in my chest screaming to cry. I opened my eyes and put on a fake smile.

"So this is your kingdom?" I asked.

"It's your kingdom." She smiled. "You were born to be in the smartest race in the entire dimension."

"Which are...?"

"Unimportant to you." She smiled. "Come, I would like to show you to your room!"

"Can I make a call to earth first? I never got to say goodbye to Beth, Morty or Summer..."

I knew I couldn't mention Ricks name. They would kill him the moment they thought he was alive. She sighed and nodded, motioning a guard to grab a phone for me. I dialed the phone number, and Rick picked up.

"H-Hello?" He slurred.

Drunk... of course...

"Uh, hey! Can I speak with Morty Smith please?"

"(Y/N)?!" He said, his voice filling with glee. "God I-I- Wait. Why Morty?"

"Because I wanted to say goodbye, and tell him good luck. Could you do that for me Beth?"

"Good luck to you too." I heard him sigh.

"Thanks Beth, I uh... I'm sorry for everything..."

"It's alright."

"No, it's not. I've gone, and I've left you guys without word. I never even got to say goodbye to Rick..." I began tearing up. "I uhm... I love all of you..."

"We- I love you too, (Y/N)."

"Goodbye, Beth..."

"See ya latter, darling.

I hung up the phone, wiping my tears away as I handed it back to the guard. Yet I still smiled, as real as I could, and followed my mother to the large (Least Favorite Color) room. I grimaced as I walked into the room.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked.

"It's... (Least Fav Color)..."

"Is that an issue?"

"IN THE PARENTHESES IT SAYS LEAST FAVORITE COLOR FOR A REASON MOM!" Only I didn't say that.

"I FUCKING HATE THAT COLOR!" I did not yell, nor say.

"I love this color." I didn't even think.

"It's... cool?" I actually said.

"You hate it don't you?"

*in the distance, a faint voice can be heard yelling 'NO DIP SHERLOCK.'*

I nodded my head with a sigh. "I've never like this color..."

"Such a shame." She tsked. "Jeremy! Repaying the room!"

"Yes ma'am!" A nearby person said, suddenly appearing with a paint bucket.

In a few seconds the walls were colored in (F/C), a beautiful shade of (F/C). I gasped at the sheer beauty of it.

"It looks amazing..." I said, mouth open wide. "and it's all mine?"

She nodded with a smile. "You're the princess-"

I stopped listening to her, I could only hear the sound of Ricks voice, and the many times he's called me princess. Had he known? If he did, why wouldn't he tell me? Was he afraid I'd leave him for my mother?

Thats hilarious to even think about. That lady is as good as dead to me, I'm only here to protect Rick. That's all. What ever I can do for that man, I will do in an instant. He's done so much for me, why would I let him get hurt because of me?

I looked up at my mom, who looked at me evilly. She had a plan, and she knew just house to get what she wanted...

I really am her daughter, aren't I?