Chapter Twenty Two

I walked up the stairs into my room, finding my least expensive clothing scattered on the floor, my mirror shattered, and my mattress torn up. I sighed and shut the door, walking into my grandfathers old room.

Everything, including the bed, was gone. It was like nobody was here to begin with. I closed my eyes as I walked out, bumping into someone.

"You okay?" Rick asked as I opened my eyes.

I nodded my head, but the tears running down my face said otherwise. Rick took the chance and pulled me into a hug, as I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"Everything..." I whispered, choking on my words. "S'gone..."

"Shhhh." Rick coed. "It's okay, you're okay."

"T-There's nothing left of him..." I sobbed. "He's gone..."

"I-I know. (Y/N)-"

I pushed him away, and wiped the tears off my face. I breathed in heavily, and out came a sigh. He looked at me worriedly, and I turned around, collecting myself.

I began walking down the steps, and straight out the door. Rick was too shocked and confused to move. I turned around, looking back at the empty house.

"Rick lets go." I yelled.

He slowly walked outside, slightly dazed, but still managed to walk next to me. "You got any matches?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Time to burn some demons." I said, holding my hand out.

"(Y/N)-"

"Rick just give me the damn matches." I snapped.

He sighed and handed my the box, watching as I lit it, and threw it into the wooden house, dragging me safely away as it burst into flames. I stood silently as I heard the sirens, the fire department speeding towards the house. They began questioning me and Rick, luckily he answered all of the questions for me.

They let me off with a warning, and a 'sorry for my loss' as I emotionlessly watched the flames take the last bit of him alive with the burning building.

Rick looked at me, worried. No. Concerned. He held his hands on my shoulders as he looked me dead in the eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"As okay as someone could be, knowing the last bit of family that cared died while you were in space..." I grunted.

"(Y/N), how can I help you?"

"I don't need help Rick, I'm fine." My voice has betrayed me.

"Who are you trying to convince? Me, or yourself?"

"I'm telling you, I-" a tear rolled down my face, "I'm not fine... Rick I-I don't know what to do... where to go from here..." I looked down at our feet, "how can I be put back together? How can I fix everything... how?"

"Darling," Rick said in a soft tone, "I can help. I can love you, I can give you everything and anything you ask for. All I ask," he moved a hand to hold my cheek, "is that you allow me to help you."

I nodded my head. "T-Thank you..."

He smiled sadly. "I hate to see you like this. Do you want to see a movie? Get some food? Ice cream?"

"All three?" I asked, questioningly.

"Absolutely." He smiled, shooting a portal. "Let's get going, huh?"

We stepped in together, only to see him look behind us before we disappeared. I was going to question it, but I supposed it would be better for later. After all, I'm eating an ice cream dinner at a movie theater....

What could possibly go wrong?

Unknown POV

"Yes boss." I said into the phone. "The girl doesn't suspect a thing, Rick however..."

"Forget about him." The computerized voice said. "All we need is her, alive. Preferably unharmed. Get rid of Rick Sanchez."

I smirked. "Gladly."

IM SORRY FOR SO MANY FEELS YA GUYS!