Chapter 31

"(Y/N)? You okay...?" Morty asked, knocking on the garage door.

"Which answer will get you to leave me-"

The portal gun I was making exploded, sending my back against the far wall, inches from Ricks rack full of sci-fi crap. Morty came rushing in, finding me with my head against the wall, looking up.

"Why would he do something like that?" I asked. "Why would someone so smart do something so... so stupid!"

I stood up, and walked back to the table. I pulled out a notebook, writing down what happened. Seventh times the charm, right?

"(Y/N) you're going to get yourself killed!" Morty yelled.

"I need to save him Morty!" I yelled back. "I'm not going to sit here helpless while he's being tortured! He only left us because he thought you were hurt!"

Morty winced slightly...

"Shit Morty I-"

"You want to save him?! Fine!" Morty snapped. "Drive yourself insane! You think you're going to loose everything again but you still have us! But I guess we aren't good enough for you, are we?!"

"Morty-"

"Shut the fuck up." He hissed.

He stormed off, causing tears to well in my eyes. "Fuck..."

"Rick what do you want me to do here...?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling. "How am I going to save you when... when I have no clue what the hell im doing now?

"I'm trying, I'm really trying but... I-I can't. How can I help you? How? Somebody... somebody give me a map... or a list of things because I just don't know anymore..."

"The smartest being in the dimensions, and she's given up?" Rick asked from behind me.

"Rick?!" I yelled, rushing over to him.

"Don't get too excited kid, I'm a hologram." He smiled. "I don't need you to save me, darling..."

"But I-"

"(Y/N), now is not the time to be stubborn." He sighed. "Go, live your life without me. Morty, Beth, and Summer need you."

"Rick I need you!" I said, falling to my knees. "Please come home..."

"Darling you don't need me, and I'm not coming home. I will not let you throw away your intelligence for something as futile as love!"

"But-"

"(Y/N) get your ass off the ground, apologize to Morty, and get to work. Do something great. Be something great. Be better than me, okay?"

"But Rick..." I said quietly. "I-I can't do anything while you're not home!"

"They need you (Y/N)!" He sighed. "Beth Morty Summer, they need someone to tell them it's okay. To make sure they survive!"

"Please... please don't leave..."

"I'm not babe. Think of it as a vacation. Im not being harmed here... okay?"

I nodded. "I love you..."

"I love you too."

In a flash of blue light, he disappeared. I closed my eyes as a single tear fell down my cheek. Summer came in only a moment later, and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Guys are douche bags. Rick is no different." She sighed. "Come on, lets go get something to eat."

"Hold on." I sighed, standing up. "I need to talk to Morty."

"He's in his room."

I nodded, and began to walk the short trip to his room. I knocked on his door, hearing a sniffle from him.

I opened the door, to find him sitting in a corner, balling his eyes out. I walked over to him, and sighed.

"Morty I'm sorry." I stated. "You were right, I don't need Rick. The only thing I need is you three. You guys are my family, and nothing could change that..."

"I-Its all my fault." He sobbed, latching onto me as he sobbed into my shoulder. "I-I hurt you, Rick..."

"Morty chill out. Nobody's hurt okay? I'm fine, and so is Rick." I said, hugging him back. "You don't need to feel any guilt, because you're not guilty in anyway."

"T-Thanks..." he muttered, hugging me tighter.

And we stayed like this, until he fell asleep in my arms.

~~~

Hey guys. That's this is the end, an epilogue will be posted tomorrow, don't panic.

I'm sorry if this was a bad ending... I just don't know where to take this book anymore...

Thanks for this amazing ride of emotions, and I'll see you in the last chapter.

Goodbye moonmen~