Chapter Eleven

Narrators POV

(Y/N), just like Rick, has been in her garage doing random projects, and making strange gizmos. Mortys mortified of what Rick is willing to put someone through just for a stupid test, and Summers worried to death about finals. Beth, on a whole new spectrum, has gotten a promotion, and is living her dream as a real surgeon, and is a damn good one at that.

It's currently two in the morning, and (Y/N) is sitting on the cold, tiled, bathroom floor, gagging. She begins playing (favorite song), hoping it's just her mind and not her stomach. She coughs, gags, spits into the toilet, and then begins playing a game on her phone, repeat.

A portal appears, covering the doorway out. In steps Rick, who looks like shit for not sleeping at all the past week, looking at her shaking, scrunched up form as she gags again.

"Please." She strains. "J-Just go away."

"I can't do that (Y/N)." He shook his head, as she gags harder, acid threatening to come up as she hasn't eaten all day.

She places her phone down, and kneels to the toilet, almost praying to the seat for this sickness to go away. Rick stand behind her, and holds her hair back, and gently rubs her back.

Her stomach finally releases, and she begins crying at the feeling of the acid burning her throat. She throws her back against the nearby wall, grabbing the top of her hair as she sobs. Rick places a hand on her knee, which is placed against her chest.

Two things happened to Rick in that moment.

1. Rick saw (Y/N) in a vulnerable state for the first time

2. This was the first time Rick genuinely felt anything for anyone, except Beth, his wife, Morty, and Summer.

"I'm sorry." He said.

His only answers were the sobs of her, begging somebody, anybody to end the pain she felt. He sat next to her, pulling her fragile body to his shoulder. Her sobs stopped slowly, but the tears kept rolling, he could feet it.

Four things Happened to (Y/N) in that moment.

1. She met Ricks compassionate side

2. He's slowly gaining her trust.

3. Her heart is thumping out of her chest, and she wonders if he can hear it.

4. Ricks the only person keeping her alive now, and she can't decide if she trusts him.

Her breathing slowed, and her body relaxed into Rick. He held her body still, as he laid his head on top of her messy hair. He fell asleep as well.

That was the first time either of them fell asleep on purpose for more than an hour. They both woke up twelve hours later, still exhausted , but awake never less. They remained silent as their tired eyes met, staring into each other as if both of them were afraid to loose this moment.

Her (e/c) eyes sparkled with amazement, wonder, and grief, as his dark blue eyes filled with confusion, love, and wonder. She stood up, and flushed the acid down the toilet, and grabbed a nearby water bottle, getting rid of that remaining feeling of pain.

She held her hand out, and Rick took it, but he didn't need it. He stood up, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry for everything I've done." He said softly.

"Me too Rick." She said, embracing him in the slightly warmer bathroom. "Me too."

The two stood together, swaying every so often, until one of their stomachs growled.

"Food?" Rick asked.

She nodded. "Food."

And off the two went, into a portal, to get some damn good pancakes in some alternate universe. They laughed as each other's joke, and to anybody that saw them together, it was as if they were a couple who hadn't seen each other in forever, but picked back up like it was nothing.

Sorry for the shorter chapter, and thanks random 2am nausea for this idea. I'm fine, don't worry.