Chap Three

"Dad please!" I cried. "I-I can't loose you two!"

"We'll be fine darling." He said, a false smile covering his fear.

"You won't and you know it." I snapped through the tears. "Stay here, convince mom to stay too..."

"Honey just stay with grandpa okay?"

"Son you don't have to do this." Grandpa said.

"Father I have to. For the good of humanity."

"No!" I yelled, my remaining blanket falling to the floor.

I sat for a few moments, calming my heart dawn. I've had that nightmare for weeks now, every night too. Grandpa must have gotten used to me yelling, because he didn't walk in to check on me today.

I grabbed a piece of paper, a pen, and a jacket as I put my shoes on. I wrote 'Walking be back soon' so Grandpa wouldn't worry much. It was two in the morning, so not many people would be out to judge my PJ's.

I opened the door and immediately the brisk air flooded into the house. I shivered a tiny bit before zippering my coat. Ricks garage light was on, so I figured I would go investigate.

Rick was asleep next to a pile of empty alcohol bottle. I picked them up quietly and placed them into recycling bins nearby. It was cold, and I could see Ricks even breaths, so I figured he was cold.

I quickly ran back home, quietly walked to my room, and grabbed a blanket. I sprinted back, only for Rick to be sitting up dazed.

"Hey pretty girl." He said, causing me to blush.

I shook my head. "Rick. Inside. Now." I said.

"When did you give the orders?" He said.

"Since you became drunk."

"Honey I'm always drunk." He winked.

"Beth wouldn't like you being out here." I crossed my arms.

He gave me a death glare and sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Why aren't you in bed?"

"Nightmare." I shrugged. "Doesn't matter, you need to go to sleep."

"(Y/N) you're like 16-"

"17." I corrected.

"You need sleep more than I do." He said, standing up.

"Rick you're drunk-"

"It takes a lot more that that to get more drunk." He said, looking at the recycling bins. "Wanna go for a drive?"

"To where?" I asked, taking a step back.

"If you ever see him, DO NOT go into space with him." My grandfathers voice echoing in my head. "He is reckless and doesn't care if you end up dead."

"Of planet for a little bit." He shrugged.

"I need to know exactly where and when WERE coming back."

"You don't trust me?" He chuckled. "No surprise there."

"He will use you to get what he wants. It's best you just stay away from him."

"I'm sure your grandfather told you all about how dangerous I am." He sighed. "He's not wrong. I can kill you with anything, and everything." He walked closer to me, I froze. "But believe me darling." He lifted my chin. "I won't."

The moment he finished I passed out. I just remember seeing his smug ass face, and a sharp pain in my neck.

That asshole knocked me out with a syringe!