Chapter 6

It was now dark outside. Beth had to stay in late for work, Morty was too exhausted to go anywhere, Summer was at a friends house, not that I cared.

(Y/N)'S grandfather had to leave for a business trip, just for extra money, leaving her alone. She's been in her garage, singing and humming random tunes for the last hour. The sound of machinery flooding the wonderful sound of her voice.

"FUCK." She yelled, causing me to run over there.

I had just made it to the fence separating our house, before the garage blew into the road. I rushed into the garage, only to see her up against the wall with minor injuries.

"Kid." I said, shaking her lightly.

"Whaaaaa?" She asked, eyes going wide. "Oh shit. Grandpas gunna be pissed..."

"Eh." I shrugged. "He's coming back in a week, we can fix it by then."

"O-Okay." She nodded.

"I'll see you-"

"Don't leave me!" She yelled, covering her mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry... I d-don't know what came over me."

"Come on, you can have Summers room for the night." I said, holding my hand out to help her up.

"N-No, I'll be fine." She shook her head. "Mortys probably worried."

"Kiddo I can tell when you're lying."

"Rick please..." she said. "I don't want to be a burden."

"You won't be!"

"I always am and always will." She said quietly. "Just go."

"Fine." I shrugged. "Suit yourself."

I shoved my hands in my pockets and began walking through the garage. "Rick?" She asked, causing me to turn around. "Thanks." She said, standing up.

I shrugged and kept walking.

~~~

"Where you off to?" Rick asked as I began walking my bike down the road.

"Starting a new job at CVS down the road." I shrugged, placing a helmet on my head. "I'll see you later Rick." I said, hopping on my bike.

"I thought you were my lab partner." He crossed his arms.

"I've got to help Grandfather." I said. "This is all I've got going for now."

"You're way smarter than that rust bucket."

"Deal with yourself Rick." I rolled my eyes, biking down the road.

A few hours into my shift, I'm basically falling asleep at the register. There may have been like three people stopping in today, and they were all buying one or two items.

It was only me and the pharmacist people, who I honestly don't want to talk to. I was resting my head on my arm as another customer walked in.

All I saw was blue hair, which I didn't think anything of as I began to doze off. I shook my head and stood up, noticing the man was tall, and his hair was spiked.

"Took ya long enough to notice." Rick snickered as he brought the small basket to the front.

"Sorry, it's been a long day." I said.

He's buying condoms? Why?

"Player?" I snickered as I placed the THREE BOXES under the scanner.

"You could say that." He grinned.

I placed two energy drinks under the scanner, only to realize he was gone. I looked up and saw a man with flat hair staring at me confused as I realized what I was doing.

"Crap I'm sorry." I said embarrassed.

I had fallen asleep on the job.

I dreamed of Rick.

Fuck.

"D-Did you find everything alright?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "Long day?"

"You wouldn't believe." I laughed, scanning the drinks he wanted to buy.

"Hey, my friends are having a party later, figured a chick as cool as you would want to go."

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "Parties aren't really my thing, especially with people I just met."

"Dinner then?" He asked.

"That, I can do." I smiled. "Here's your receipt, don't loose it. It has my number."

"Smart." He winked, walking out of the CVS.

"Nailed it." I muttered, slamming my head on the counter.

Somebody wrapped their arms around my waist, pulling my back against their chest. The faint smell of alcohol lingering on this persons body.

"I thought I was more to you than that~" he said, his teeth barley grazing my ear.

"Rick. I swear to god-"

"There isn't a God to swear to." He said, now nibbling on my ear.

"Dude I'm legit at work." I whisper yelled. "These people already hate me enough!"

"Then ditch em." He said, grabbing my shoulders and turning around. "Uncomfortable yet?"

I knew my face felt hot... but I didn't realize how badly I was blushing. I rolled my eyes and pushed him off of me.

"Fuck you." I muttered.

"Honey, you wish." He winked, hopping over the counter. "So what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?"

"As I said." I shrugged. "To help my Grandfather."

"I could pay you double than what this place is giving you." Rick said, slamming his hands onto the counter.

"No, I couldn't possibly ask you for that." I shook my head.

"Please." He said quietly.

He looked so desperate in that moment. So full of need, want, desperation to get the thing he wanted. He's toying with me, no doubt. Trying to see what will make me reconsider my choice.

"No." I said sternly. "You and your family have enough to deal with as is, I couldn't take money from you even if I wanted to."

He looked genuinely hurt by this, he even placed his hands in his pockets sadly.

"Fine." Is all he said before leaving.

My heart was beating madly, yet my brain was blank. Did he really care for me that much? Maybe not, he's probably testing me, as usual...

"How old is your boyfriend?" Some female pharmacist asked.

"One, not my boyfriend, two, if he wants to tell you his age he will. Now let me do my job in peace."

"Actually you're on break."

"Oh..." I face palmed. "Aight, thanks."

I decided I'd might as well go for a walk, after all, it is a nice day. Plus it's FREAKING BORING at work right now. I sighed as the automatic doors opened and closed, and walked over to where my bike was. Only, my bike was gone.

Where it was later a note saying

Come and work for me, and I'll give you your bike back.

-Smartest Man in the Universe

I grunted. Of course he would stoop so low...