Chapter Nine

I woke up to darkness, and complete silence. I called for Rick, my Grandfather, anyone, but it only echoed. I was lying on a soft bed, but I knew I had to move.

I didn't want to wait and find out where I was, who took me, and why. I stood up, and realized I was only wearing a gown, not even a hospital gown either, it was a night gown?

I got off the bed, which was the only place there was light, and took off running. The only issue was, no matter where I ran, I would appear back at the bed. By now I knew this was a nightmare, but that fact still didn't calm me down.

Who knows how long I would be stuck in this dream for?! I could be in a coma for all I know!

I awoke in Ricks garage, in the same cloths I fell asleep in, which was a good thing. I was hooked up to some machine, including a heart monitor. I sat up, only for my head to erupt in pain, causing me to lay back down.

"You okay?" I heard Rick ask, but it seemed distant, muffled even.

My ears began to ring heavily, and I could hear the heart monitor speed up.

"Calm down, you're alright." Rick said, a tiny bit closer this time.

I felt his hand touch mine, and my head immediately stopped hurting, the heart monitor calmed tf down, and I couldn't think anymore.

He has to see now what effect he has on me. He has to realize what he's capable of now. My heart is literally on a string, and he has the option to unravel my heart, or cut it into pieces.

My breathing became stable again, and I could once again see. "What happened..." I asked, coming out more as a mumble.

"I had to make sure you were stable enough to be on your own, and then you went into shock, and had a nightmare. Which, I'm guessing, was one of your biggest fears?"

"Three of them actually." I corrected.

"Care to explain?"

"Nope."

He shrugged it off and went to some sort of computer, his face turning white. He cursed under his breath as I began to panic.

"Am I dying?!" I shrieked.

"No." He shook his head. "No, this computer isn't about you darling, so don't worry your pretty little heart about it."

"So then why the hell are you so scared right now?!"

"Don't worry-"

"Don't tell me not to worry cause it will make me worry more and when I worry more I'll start to freak out and when I start to freak out I don't breath in between sentences and it's really annoying for anyone reading it and I just broke the forth wall again and-" Rick placed his hand over my mouth, causing me to begin breathing again.

"Rick?" Morty asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" He replied, opening said door.

"When are we going on another adventure? I haven't been feeling well lately."

I opened my mouth, but Ricks glare caused me to shut it. He turned back to his grandson, replying with "right now" and pulling a lever, causing a freaking spaceship to appear in the driveway.

"You comin?" Rick asked.

"Sure." I shrugged, pretending not to be completely hyped.

I hoped into the back seat, as Rick got in the driver side, and Morty shyly got into the passenger side. We zoomed into space, my grandfathers car was no where to be found. I sighed heavily as we soon flew over the clouds, then out of the gravitational pull.

My eyes widened as we past the planets, it was almost as if they were trees. I saw Rick in the mirror, whose eyes met mine, and he smirked as we went into some sort of hyper speed.

Morty looked back with a blush on his face, as Rick turned on the radio. Rick started laughing as he turned up the radio.

"Take off your pants and your panties, take a shit on the floor-" Rick began singing to the song.

"You made this song?" I asked, amused.

"How'd you guess?" Rick said sarcastically. "Morty helped with the beat though, gatta give him credit for that."

"I-I just pressed a button." He said, rubbing his arm. "I-Its not that cool..."

"Of course it is you dweeb." I smiled, lightly punching his arm. "Its on the radio! You helped create a hit song Morty!"

He smiled and blushed at my compliment as we jammed out to Get Schwifty together.

Today was fun.