Chap Two

We walked back outside, the bandage stuck to my forehead in an obvious position, as we knocked on the door.

"Sorry bout that." My grandfather chuckled to a woman. "(Y/N) this is Beth, Ricks daughter."

"It's nice to meet you." I said, sticking out my hand.

She looked back at Rick, and then shook my hand. She smiled. "It's nice to meet you too (Y/N)." She turned around and motioned us to come in, Rick stood waiting in the living room doorway, then followed us to the table.

"That's my daughter Summer, and my son Morty." Beth said.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N)." I waved as I took my seat.

"You're a senior right?" Summer asked.

"Actually I graduated early." I replied, twiddling my thumbs.

"How early?" Morty asked.

"F-Fifth grade..." I said.

I always had an issue taking about my Intelligence. Many people found me weird because of it, and I didn't want this family to treat me like I was different...

"Maybe you could tutor Morty." Beth suggested.

I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding. I don't know why I was so afraid, they have Rick in their family.

"Are you okay?" Grandpa whispered.

"Y-Yeah." I coughed. "Yeah I'm fine."

"It's good to see you after so long." Rick said to my grandfather.

"To you the same." My grandfather said.

"Dinners ready!" Beth said, bringing planes full of food over.

It was (fav food), except ten times better. It was just the way she cooked it or something, but it tasted so freaking heavenly.

"This is amazing." I said.

"Thanks." Beth smiled.

"No seriously Beth." I said, placing my fork down. "This is the best food I've ever tasted. No offense grandpa, but this? This is heaven on earth."

She blushed. "Thanks, it means a lot (y/n)."

I nodded my head and shoved the food into my mouth. Rick began to laugh and so did everyone else.

"Wht?" I said.

That only made them laugh harder, causing me to blush heavily. I swallowed the food down, then looked at Rick.

"How'd you escape?" I blurted. "Shit I-"

"It's fine." He shook his head. "I transferred my mind into a bunch of different peoples using their tech, and caused the citadel of Ricks to teleport into their main prison. Then I changed a one to a zero, and boom."

"Citadel of Ricks?" I asked.

"He has a whole plate full of other dimensional Ricks." Summer explained.

"Sounds pretty cool." I said, genuinely impressed.

"Would love to show you sometime, if I didn't just destroy it." Rick sighed.

"It's fine." I shook my head. "I'm just glad this whole thing is over."

"How were you guys during this whole thing?" Beth asked.

"My mother and father attempted to start a revolution. We haven't seen them since." I said calmly.

"You don't seem to shaken." Rick said, a curious smirk forming slightly. "Whys that?"

"Cause there's nothing we could have done to stop them. We tried to everything we could to stop them, and they still left." I shrugged. "The past is the past, why let that keep you from moving on?"

Rick nodded his head in dissatisfaction, of course I knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to find my weakness, which I guarantee he won't figure out unless  I told him.

"You aren't going to get what you're looking for that way, Mr. Sanchez." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever do you mean?" He said.

"You're trying to find my weakness, correct?" I asked, only for him to be genuinely surprised. "I could only guess of why you're trying."

"Any theory's miss smarts?"

"One of them being you're trying to find what you can use against me when the times right, two you're genuinely curious, or three you're bored and want to mess with someone."

"Correct." He smirked.

"On which one?" I tilted my head.

"That's for me to know, and you to never find out."

I shrugged. "Fair enough."

"Anyway, you thinking of getting a job?" Beth asked.

"Thinking, but I'm not sure people would enjoy my company." I sighed.

"You're right, nobody would." Rick smirked.

'Shit. He knows.'

"What's it to you Rick?" I said, clenching my fist under the table.

"Well, this is just a theory, but you're IQ is causing people to think you're weird. You're a social outcast." He said flatly. "You just want to be accepted, but guess what kid. Nobody gives a shit about you."

"Rick back off." Grandpa said angrily.

"Why? So you can keep shielding her from herself?" He stood up. "Screw this, I'll be in the garage."

"Rick wait." I stood up. "You're right." He turned around. "You're right about everything except one thing."

He tilted his head in confusion.

"I'm just as much an outcast as you." I finished.

"You're in." He smirked.

"Wait what?" Grandpa and I said at the same time.

"You've got the job kid." He smirked.

"What job?"

"As my lab assistant."

"But I thought I-" Morty began.

"Morty chill. You're still going with me, she's just gunna help me in the lab." Rick rolled his eyes.

"Who said I wanted it in the first place?" I crossed my arms.

"Kid you've already got the job. Don't get all cocky."

"I'm serious." I said. "What if I refuse?"

"Nothing happens." He shrugged.

"Fine, since you've given such a good example of how my life would be without this job, I'll take it." I said.

And that's how I became the famous Rick Sanchez's lab assistant