Chapter Seventeen

He left without a word. He didn't even stay for breakfast. His lab was gone by the time anybody woke up, and the only one up at this hour, was the girl curled up on the concrete floor, sobbing.

Morty came in a few hours after, only to find her shivering at two in the morning. She had wanted to spend more time with him, tell him she loved him, say goodbye... but he wasn't there.

Morty rushed and grabbed a blanket, placing it on her as she was slowly falling asleep. He sat on the ground next to her and sighed.

"I'm sorry (Y/N). I shouldn't have been an asshole to you." He said sincerely.

"I-Its okay." She said.

"Morty? Is that you?" Beth asked, walking into the garage.

She looked around, and sighed.

"He's never been good at goodbyes..." she rolled her eyes. "(Y/N), I'm sure he would have stayed if he could, but right now, you've got to be strong. You are part of this family now, and I'm sure you weren't raised as someone who would fall apart after somebody left.

"I want you to get up, and go home. You will be here when you wake up, make yourself breakfast, and if I'm not home, watch TV or do something in your lab." She said sternly. "Now go get some sleep, he'll be back soon."

~~~~

"Tammy!" Rick yelled, startling the short haired girl.

"I thought Phoenix person got rid of you..." she sighed.

"Give me back my friend." He growled.

"Your friend is dead Rick, so just give it up." She rolled her eyes. "I would like you to come here for a moment-"

"Let me go!" He heard (Y/N) yell as the sound of jets.

PP basically dropped her on the ground, and as she struggled to stand, Tammy grabbed her by the hair and yanked her up. She cried out in pain, but quickly got pissed off.

"PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN OR I WILL STAB A SPOON THROUGH YOUR SKULL." She hissed.

Tammy grabbed a syringe as she struggled, but as soon as it entered her neck, she calmed down.

"Kill Rick Sanchez." Tammy smirked.

Rick watched breathlessly as (Y/N) got off of the ground, and walked over to a rack full of weapons. She grabbed a long sword, and repeated the words 'kill Rick Sanchez'.

She effortlessly spun the sword, and swung, cutting off a piece of Ricks perfectly spiked hair. He began controlling his breaths as he continued dodging, only to be tripped by her unseen foot.

He fell to the ground, hard on his back, and she placed the tip of the sword to his throat. She smirked, winked, and turned around, slashing Tammys chest.

Tammy fell to the ground with a thud, her eyes wide open with fear and surprise. She tried to speak, only for blood to come out instead.

"Jesus Christ, that's a lot of blood..." (Y/N) muttered. "Like, how does a human body have that much blood within? Aren't we just bones holding our skin together? It makes zero sense for her to be bleeding this much..."

She dropped the sword and turned around, only for Rick to lay his head down and begin laughing. (Y/N) looked at him, and began laughing herself.

"I shouldn't be laughing..." she said through a pause. "I just killed a person..."

"Bird person is confused." An almost robotic voice said.

"BP!" Rick said, pulling himself into the seated position. "We've finally destroyed the Galactic Federation dude!"

"I feel happy that this has been taken care of, but wasn't I dead? And wasn't Tammy-"

"Tammy was the leader bro..." Rick sighed, pulling himself to his feet. "She duped us all...."

"I killed her..." (y/n) whispered. "Shouldn't I be upset about this?"

"You're brains in denial right now." Rick said, walking closer to her. "And the moment it begins accepting, I'll be here. They didn't hurt you, did they?"

She shook her head. "BP caught me while I was walking back home. Beth gave me a very inspirational speech, and convinced me to go to bed."

"That's my girl." Rick stated proudly. "I'm glad her mother raised her correctly..."

He suddenly felt her arms wrap around his body, and instinctively his wrapped around hers, and they began hugging tightly.

"I don't know what I would have done if they killed you, Rick." She said. "I missed the ever living hell out of you. I was going to go help you pack, but you're whole lab is gone..."

"I put my lab in a secret place so Morty or somebody else wouldn't blow themselves up while I was gone. I had expected this to go a bit longer than it did, and I never expected you to turn and kill her..."

"Yeah..." she sighed, releasing him. "The Serum worked at first, but then I was like 'uh hell no! I ain't killing the best thing to happen to me!' And then I noticed the weapons and... Sorry, rambling again..." 

"I think it's cute when you ramble." Rick said.

"Why are you so on point with these compliments you fool!" She laughed.

"Cause I'm smart with people." He said with a smirk.

"Dumbass." She smiled, pulling him into a kiss.