Chapter Thirteen

"Rick that's amazing." She gasped, touching one of the hologram planets. "But why does the entire thing move with me?"

"Because you're the center of my universe." He winked.

She blushed, and nervously chuckled. "That was so bad, but awesome at the same time."

He smirked and touched a button, allowing her to move around and look at the now stationary planets. He smiled as her face lit up with wonder, and he loved it. He loved how he was able to do this to her, make her forget any past worry and fill her with happiness.

She danced around the room, not caring about the man lovingly staring at her, as she looked at the different planets. Suddenly, there was a knock at the garage door, and it slowly opened.

"Heya Morty!" (Y/N) smiled.

He shot her a glare. "What you did to Summer, both of you, was not okay."

"What she did to (Y/N) was even worse." Rick snapped. "Go stick you're dick in somebody else's business okay?"

Morty looked at me. "And this 'love thing' you two are having? It's not natural-"

"Morty the way you butt into somebody's life is unnatural." Rick said angrily. "Get out."

"Rick-"

"GET. OUT." He yelled, causing Morty to jump back in surprise.

What Rick didn't realize, was (Y/N) was long gone. She had snuck out of the window, not wanted to cause any more trouble for the family. They already had enough to deal with, and she felt like she was just another burden.

She ran with tears into her house, packing her lab into small cubes, and placing them in a nearby backpack. She ran upstairs, and picked up several changes of clothing.

She heard Rick bang on her front door, and she ran out the back, and hopped the fence. Tonight was deathly silent, and she could hear Rick mutter a curse and run around the fence.

He began chasing her, as she ran right through somebody's house. They just stared as the girl, and the scientist, ran through their living room, and out the front door. She ran down the road, only to trip on a rock.

Rick was on her in a second, pinning her down by her wrists. "Where the hell do you think you're going?"

The only thing that came out of her mouth were broken sobs, ones she tried so desperately to hide. He sighed and let go of her arms, sitting up in the middle of the road.

"(Y/N) please, just tell me what's wrong."

"You're family..." She choked out. "H-Has enough to deal with... I-I d-don't want-t to add on t-to that..."

Rick stood up. "You don't need to worry about that. Mortys trying to be a good person, yet he doesn't always make the right choice." He held his hand out for her to grab. "Just ignore them when they say something bad to you, second smartest being has gatta have some haters, right?"

(Y/N) smiled slightly, shakily taking Ricks hand. He pulled her up, and into a strong hug. She hugged back, just as a strong gust of wind blew her hair, and Ricks lab coat.

"Could this get anymore cliche?" She asked quietly.

"You'd be surprised." Rick replied chuckling.

"Destroy. Rick. Sanchez." A robotic voice said.

They both turned to see what Rick never thought he'd see again.

A robotic Bird Person.

CLIFFHANGER LIKE A BOSS