Chapter Five

"Heya Rick!" I chirped, walking into his garage.

"Wow, your grandfather let you out of the house." He said unamused.

"He's at work." I shrugged. "What chew up to?"

"Look, kid." He said, putting down a small object. "Just go home, your grandfather won't be happy to see you here."

"He threatened you didn't he..."

"Like I would take his threats seriously." He rolled his eyes.

"Look, I'm your lab partner remember?" I asked. "I could help!"

"Kiddo I'm serious." He said with a warning tone.

"Fine." I huffed. "I'll just go find a new boring ass job."

I turned around, only for him to grab my wrist. He spun me around, catching me, and then dipping my upper body slightly.

"Honey you wouldn't want to be near me if you knew the things I've done." He said.

"Genocide, war, murder, robbing, stealing, abandoning, basically any crime in the universe, you've done it more than once." I replied.

"And yet here you are, in my arms, not even a trace of fear." He smirked.

"If you wanted to hurt me, you would have already." I shrugged, causing him to lightly push me to the ground, and pin me by my wrists.

"Haven't you heard how I kill?" He said lowly. "I toy with your emotions until you break inside, and then I'll break you into a million pieces."

"Then fucking do it." I spat.

He smirked deviously as he stood up, holding out his hand for me. I took it and he helped me up. He looked at me, staring into my soul. I stood still, not entirely fazed. This was what I expected from him.

Testing me in every way possible, to see how I'd react in certain situations. After all, I was his new lab partner. He'd have to trust I wouldn't try stuff, wouldn't kill him the moment I got the chance.

"You're so weird." He said in a curious tone. "Even after all of that, you still aren't afraid of me."

"It takes a lot to faze me." I shrugged.

"Anyone I've ever met would either fall deeply in love with me, or freak the hell out. You, on the other hand, are so much deeper than that."

"On what ways?" I tilted my head.

"You're energetic, and yet calm. You plan everything out, think of all of the options before they even happen. I could see your mind whirl when I pinned you down.

"You think more than I do (Y/N). You carefully plan everything out, seconds before disaster strikes. While I just go with the flow.

"You're so different from me, and yet, you're not." He finished.

He walked up to me, only inches from me. His hand running down my jaw line, stopping at my chin as he lifts it up slightly. His gaze meeting my worried one.

"Yet, your mind stops the minute my eyes meet yours." He said softly. "I can feel your heart you know." He said, rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

I grabbed his wrist, moving it away from my face. I met his shocked gaze, which quickly turned back to normal. He shook his head and began chuckling, causing me to release his arm and take a step back.

"What's so funny?" I asked, not meaning it to come out as a snap.

"Nothing." He smirked.

"Maybe it's the fact I managed to steal the portal gun again?" I asked, handing it back to him.

"How the hell..." he began as he looked it over.

"My dad used to call me sticky fingers." I shrugged. "I used to take his stuff all the time."

"What else did the evil me do to you?"

The color drained from my face. I knew he would ask about that, and he would figure it out one way or another. I took a deep breath in as tears began to Cloud my vision.

"He l-lined up my parents and grandfathers, about twenty each, and..." I stopped as my throats closed. "I-I shot them all..." I said quietly. "I killed them Rick. All of them. They're all gone... a-and it's my fault..."

Rick stood, unsure of what to do as I cried. I fell onto my knees, holding my head in the palms of my hands. He sighed dramatically and kneeled in front of me, moving my hands away from my face.

"That man is a psycho, none of what he made you do is your fault. HE made you do it, it was either that or he rape you, or worse than that." He said softly. "YOUR real parents are dead, and your REAL Grandfather is at work right now. Remember that, okay?"

I gulped and nodded, the sobs coming to an end as the remaining tears falling. He let go of my hands and went back to working on some project.

"Don't expect that kind of comfort later on." He said, turning on some kind of machine. "The next time you start crying I'll just throw you in the basement until you shut up."

"Thanks." I said sarcastically, sniffling soon after. "I-I'm not usually like that..."

"I've killed millions." He shrugged. "You'll get over it eventually."

I sighed. "I'm just gunna go back home. See ya tomorrow Rick."

"Bye." He grunted.

I rolled my eyes and began walking to my house. I pulled out my key, unlocking it and walking in. I picked up a box, and walked over to the garage. I pressed a button on the top, watching as a whole science lab appeared.

I sat in a chair, and began working on a robot dog. What? I got bored!