F I V E | H O S P I T A L

F I V EH O S P I T A L

F I V E
H O S P I T A L

A week has passed by since I last saw Justin

A week has passed by since I last saw Justin. I've been working everyday non-stop and I haven't had time to even text him back after he sent me a message on Sunday night. "Baby." I looked over at my mom who was up for once and had a tired look, but still tried to make it seem like she wasn't at all.

"Sorry, just thinking about work and all." I pursed my lips and took a look over at the readings on the monitor, seeing how steady her heartbeat was. "I wish you weren't here."

"Don't say that, I love it here. The guy in room 320 is pretty good looking. He has cancer, I still don't know what kind though." I laughed at her comment, knowing that she was just trying to make light of the situation.

"You're hilarious, but seriously, I wish you were at your house with the dogs. The doctor said you were healthy enough to do so but you're so stubborn."

"You're stubborn as well, why can't you just accept that I'm genuinely happy here? I know it hurts to see me with these things stuck in me, and having to hear from a doctor every day but I feel safe here. If anything were to happen, I know i'm in good hands." At this point, my eyes were welling up with tears, because she was right. She was safer here than she would back at her home.

"I know you're right, I just can't handle seeing you enclosed in such a small room. I wish they would at least offer you something bigger and better if you're going to live here." She moved closer to me, engulfing me in a hug. "I'm fine with what I have, as long as you're here along with your brother. I'm happy."

After being at the hospital for almost the entire night, I said goodbye to my mom, hoping that it wouldn't be the last.

It was now early Friday morning and I thanked the lord that I didn't have to work today since I had opened up the entire rest of the week. I looked down at my wrist to see the current time. 6:38 AM.

The sky was clear, with the sun rising as I drove out of the hospital. I didn't know what I was going to do today but it for sure wasn't going to be anywhere near my apartment. I needed to get out a little more.