T W E N T Y - T W O | L O N G N I G H T S

T W E N T Y -  T W O
L O N G  N I G H T S

Catherine and Justin were still standing in the elevator, the two staring at her dad who was standing in front of her with a distraught look

Catherine and Justin were still standing in the elevator, the two staring at her dad who was standing in front of her with a distraught look. His bags were heavy and he looked like he hadn't slept in days. He deserves it, Jasmine thought to herself as she kept eyeing him.

She didn't want to talk to him, but she knew she had to or else things would get worse. "Dad." She mumbled, her eyes now focused on the smile that formed on his lips.

"My little girl, how have you been? I have a lot to talk to you about, especially about this entire situation. When are you available?" He asked her without a stutter, making it seem like everything was fine, which it wasn't. She quickly blinked, thinking that he would apologize or something but he didn't.

"Not anytime soon, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to see my mom. Goodbye." Shoving her way past him, she looked back at Justin who had pursed lips as he walked past her dad, a worried look on his features. "You good?"

"Nope, I always meet your family members in the worst situations. I just realized that." She shook her head and reached for his hand, intertwining their fingers together.
"As long as my mom loves you, you're fine."

He chuckled, nodding as the two continued to walk down the hallway. It was really quiet and all that could be heard was the clicking of Catherine's sandals against the cold tile.
"This is creepy, like scary movie creepy."

"No kidding, I can't wait to get out." Catherine couldn't agree more and once they reached her moms, the two were relieved to see that there was no one else in the room but her. "Hey Mrs. Estelle." Justin politely smiled as he reached for a hug, being careful not to mess with any of the wires that she was attached to. "I can't wait to give you guys actual hugs. These things are so annoying."

"You still have to use them at home, just to make sure you're fine. It's only at night. Don't think that you're going to be living the crazy life." Margot laughed at her daughters comment. "Cat, I'm going to go clubbing and do shots of fireball."

"In your dreams. You're not doing that until I know you can." All three of them laughed but it died down quickly, Catherine wondering if she should bring up her dad.

"What did he tell you?" She whispered softly, not really wanting to say anything. Justin coughed, looking at the two before excusing himself out of the room to get a snack from the waiting room. "Please tell me he didn't beg you to give him a second chance."

"He didn't, I told him I wouldn't accept that. He said he left because he didn't know how to react and that he feared losing me. That if he could turn back time, he definitely would so he could be by my side from the very beginning. I asked him where he went and to my surprise, he actually left the state and went to New York. I don't know what he did over there, nor do I care but I'm glad he's safe. He did say he still loves me a lot and would like to build our family up again but I told him that we would decide that as a family."