S E V E N | P R E T E ND

S E V E N
P R E T E N D

I opened the door to the pizza place, knowing I was late

I opened the door to the pizza place, knowing I was late. Justin had texted me that he'd arrived almost fifteen minutes ago but I was busy doing a tattoo on someone and it was a pretty big one.

My eyes scanned the tables, looking for him, but much to my dismay, I couldn't find him. Did he actually leave

cat: justin, where'd you go? i told you to wait

justin: i'm in the bathroom lmao i drank a smoothie and things went bad

cat: ew i'll be waiting

I locked my phone and sat at the table closest to the door, resting my head on my hand as I waited. It felt like I hadn't seen him in forever even though it was just a week. Wait, what do I do to greet him .. do I hug him or kiss him on the cheek. I'm over thinking this.

I got up, knowing I had an awkward smile on my features as Justin suddenly walked up to me with his arms wide open. So a hug it is.

"It's nice to see you again." I said as I hugged him back.

"I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever. But it's only been like a week." That's definitely fucking weird. "Are you ready to eat the best sushi in Miami?"

"Is it Aoki?" I asked as I followed behind him, as he walked out of the pizza place. He nodded in response, and quickly turned around to look at me. "I forget that you've lived here since you were born."

"Maybe I haven't? You don't really know me Malfoy."

"Still with these Harry Potter nicknames, huh Hermoine?" He smirked and continued walking towards the most expensive car I'd ever seen in my life. "Jesus, if only I had one."

"You can keep this one." I looked over at him and my eyes widened. I didn't realize I said that out loud.

"Funny, I think i'll stick with my Toyota."

"Hm, maybe one day. When's your birthday?" He asked, starting the engine and revving the gas. "You're not getting me a Lamborghini. I wouldn't let you."

"Guess i'll have to surprise you then." I groaned and looked outside the window as he drove off.

"I can't believe he's making me do this

"I can't believe he's making me do this." I mumbled to myself as I walked towards the restaurant we were going to eat at. He was already inside, away from the paparazzi that had followed us but luckily they didn't see me since I kept my head low, and he had dropped me off at an area no one could see me.

I pushed the door to get inside and smiled at the waitress who was walking my way, with a menu in hand. "I'm with him." I pointed my finger over to Justin who was sitting all the way in the back. He smiled at me and gestured me to come over, so I did as quickly as I could, wanting to just sit down and relax.

"Sorry, I know you didn't want to do that." He half smiled as he handed me over his menu. "No worries, I know you have to keep your life on the low."

"Yeah .. about that." I looked up from the menu and at him, putting it down so I could give him my full attention.

"Speak."

"So remember how I said I had a lot going on, and stuff." I nodded. "Well, there was a picture of us at the pizza place. I guess there was a paparazzi that we had missed or something, but there was a picture. We took it down and everything, but everyone was asking me who you were. I told them that you were my tattoo artist, and that's it. Nothing more."

"Ok, and? What's so bad about that? You took the photo down, they know who I am. Why does it sound like there's something else."

"Because there is. They thought it'd be a good idea if you and I made it seem like we were dating. You don't have to agree to it, but it's just an option." My head tilted as I looked at him,  trying to figure out what to say.

Dating Justin Bieber? I don't think I'd want that.
I don't like him anyway, not like that.

"Like you said, I'm just your tattoo artist but we definitely are friends. I just don't think it could be more than that. Even if it's just pretend." I gave him a sad smile and moved my hand to his wrist, gripping onto it. "Sorry."

"Cat ... you thought I was being for real?" He suddenly burst out laughing and I rolled my eyes, grabbing the menu from the table. "I can't stand you, that's why I'm sitting."

"You're so funny." He said sarcastically and a small smile was on my features. "So what are you going to order?"

"I'm going to order the Spicy Tuna Roll, and a Mango Bubble Tea." I closed the menu and looked over at him. "Something simple, I ate like four slices of pizza for lunch."

"I had pistachios for lunch." Justin mumbled and I cringed. "What? Not a fan of pistachios?"

"Not a fan of pistachios or you. They're so nasty and god, how can you eat such a thing."

"They're the best. You're missing out." He winked and I shrugged, looking at the waiter that was now walkings towards where we were sitting.

"Welcome to Aoki. What will you have to drink?" The waiter asked and I nodded at Justin so he could speak up first. "I'll have the Dragon Roll with Dr. Pepper and she'll have the Spicy Tuna Roll with the Mango Bubble Tea."

The waiter excused himself and left us alone once more. We talked a lot about how Justin was doing with his music and such, along with how I was doing at the studio. "Ana wants me to be the manager of a new studio she will possibly be opening up, but I don't know how I feel about that."

"That seems like a great opportunity. You're amazing at what you do, believe me. I actually want another one soon, but yeah. It's something I personally think you should for sure do."

I was about to speak up but my phone began to vibrate in my back pocket, and I took it out seeing my brothers contact name on the screen.

I pressed my finger on the green button, answering the call and pressing my phone against my ear. "Catherine, it's mom."

"