F O U R T E E N | C O U L D BE

F O U R T E EN
C O U L D  B E

F O U R T E ENC O U L D  B E

"That's not funny, at all. I honestly didn't think that it was that deep." I mumbled over the phone as I continued to clean up the kitchen. "Cat, you're in the middle of the ocean. How could it possibly be shallow?"

"You know what, stop judging me. It was deep and I got scared, it's normal."

"No it's not, why would you just want to randomly jump off the jet ski? I really do question why I chose you to take care of my place."

"Because you love me and trust me enough, plus I'm keeping this place so clean. You can see your reflection on the toaster." I laughed as I put down the dirty rag into the sink and walked away, plopping myself down on the bean bag that was in the living room. "I'm so glad I'm not in that little apartment anymore. Oh, by the way my roommate was an escort. I was walking out with the last box and she gave me her card that said and I quote, "Profession Entertainment by Molly Jack" Her name is what really just blew me away."

"Molly Jack huh, please send me that card."

"Funny, anyways I have to go. I work in like half an hour and I know there will be traffic."

"Text me when you get there so I know you're safe. I love you." I replied with a simple goodbye and hung up.

4:27 PM

"Good Afternoon my lovely co-workers." I shouted as I walked into the studio with a box of fresh pizza in my hand. "I brought us something to eat because I realized I had time and you guys definitely deserve it."

"Wow, you finally came on time. Where's the award for our girl? Someone please contact whoever gives out Oscars."
Michael smirked as he walked up to me and gave me a quick side hug before grabbing a slice of pizza from the box.

"You retard, those are for actors. She deserve a nobel whatever prize." Elise rolled her eyes as she heard what Mary had said, which made me let out a small chuckle.

"I honestly can't wait to go on vacation, you guys give me the biggest headache ever." Elise had spoken up which reminded me that I had to talk to Ana about something. "Where's Ana?"

"Ana banana is at beach. She's on a date apparently, that's what Elise said. I don't believe it, I still think that Ana is secretly seeing Jade again."

"No she's not, I've been keeping an eye on her. Her and Jade haven't talked in like two months." My eyes diverted to Mary who was now scrolling through her messages. "Look, she texted me the other day about some girl named Riley."

"Riley could be a guy."

"Riley's none of your business. " The four of us turned our heads to the back once we heard Anas voice. "You guys are so nosy."

"Can you blame us? You never fill us in with the details. Gotta keep the gang informed."

justin:
you there yet?
you haven't texted me

cat:
oh yeah
sorry
we were all talking and i forgot

justin:
alright
i have a meeting to get to

"She's texting him!" I turned around to see Mary looking over my shoulder as I was texting Justin. "So are you guys a thing? Tell us everything."

"Mary, I think out of all of us, you're the worst. I really can't with you, we're just friends." I groaned as I put my phone away into my pocket and began to walk to my desk.

I ignored her voice as I took a seat and looked up at the wall that had all my sketches on them. The newest addition being my mom all the way at the top with a flower tucked behind her ear. It resembled a photo of her when she was pregnant with me and it was my favorite out of all the ones I had of her.

"I need to talk to you." Ana spoke softly as she reached where I was at, a folder in her hands. "Is this about the new studio and all that?"

"Yes it is. I found a perfect cute little space inbetween that new hotel that just opened up, and the Sugar Factory. I think you'd really like it. I actually have the key, because without even asking you I bought it. I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Ana, I just have a lot on my plate. I would love the opportunity but I just think it's too much for the moment. My mom still hasn't woken up and I'm not on speaking terms with my brother. I want my life to at least be balanced  before I manage a new tattoo studio."

"I get that. It's under my name, the place but I put your name for management. Whenever you want, you can open up. You can decorate it to your liking, and do whatever you want with the place. Just take it as a gift, you deserve it."

"Thanks Ana, it means a lot." I stood up and engulfed her in a hug, "You're welcome, but don't forget about me once you open the place up." The two of us laughed as I nodded, and took the folder from her.

"Tomorrow i'll go take a look at it. I have an appointment right now with an entire back side. Gotta get that shmoney."

"You did not, oh my god no." Ana looked at me in horror from what I had said which made me burst into a fit of laughter. Hopefully everything will get better soon.