T H I R T Y | A R G U E M E N T S

T H I R T Y
A R G U E M E N T S

T H I R T YA R G U E M E N T S

catherine

catherine

Walking up the stairs into his bedroom, I stared at the article that was on my phone screen. It was an article with way too many photos of us last night, which kills me because I really thought that it was just is two in peace at that restaurant but they had been taking photos since the second that we got out of the car.

"It's going to be for a week only, so I don't think I want to stress myself out when I'm only going to be there for such little amount of time. I know that — listen, I'll call you back." I looked at him as he hung up the phone, his hand patting the bed so I'd sit next to him but I wasn't in too good of a mood to even do that. "Look at this." I handed him the phone, my eyes looking elsewhere to not see the anger that was already showing on his face. "This is such a load of shit, I should've been way more careful."

"This bothers you, doesn't it?" He asked me, and I really wanted to say yes. Only because I don't want the entire world to see pictures of us out on our first date. It's not like they knew it was but it sucked that we just couldn't keep the moment to ourselves. "Just a little, but it's fine. I want to be with you and I understand that this comes along with it. I told you last night that I like you a lot and stupid people following us isn't going to change how I feel about you."

"I just don't want you to think that we can't go out on dates and stuff, I want to take you out a lot so I don't want you to say something different because you don't want to be seen in the public eye." He explained to me, which made me frown because I didn't think he would feel like that either. "Baby, I don't care if I'm seen with you or not." I smiled at him, getting on his bed and cuddling next to his chest.

"Okay well then lets just ignore the fact that they took photos of us last night, you looked good anyway." He laughed, "I was on the phone with Scooter. He wants me to do some appearance but I don't think I'll end up doing it. You'll be with me so I don't want you to be stuck at my place, alone with nothing to do. The only time I'll probably leave you is for the meeting and when I'm recording the song just because I can't have you distract me."

Nodding, I closed my eyes and was debating on taking a nap until I heard the doorbell ring. "That's probably Elise, she said she was going to come by for lunch. You're ok with that, right?" He shook his head at me and let out a small chuckle, proceeding to press his lips against my temple.
"This is your home too, we've talked about this."

Quickly getting out his bed and rushing downstairs, I opened up the door to a scared Elise who kept looking around. "Dude, that's not okay." She mumbled while walking in which made me confused. "What happen?"

"You have paparazzi outside, they're hiding in the fucking cars on the street. I saw one in a tree! Are you not scared they might take a picture of you naked?" My eyes widened at her words, closing the door and locking it. "Babe?" I yelled, knowing that he'd be down quickly.

"Are you sure that was paparazzi?" I asked her, hoping that she would say no and that she was just kidding but sadly, she nodded and walked away from me, towards the living room. "What's going on? What happened?"

"There's paparazzi inside, they got past security. Elise said she saw them sitting in cars outside on the street and in the trees. I didn't tell you this but a while back, when I was taking care of your house initially I heard a flash but I thought nothing of it. I thought I heard one the same day that you came back, but inside the house. I tho—"

"Did you just say inside the house, while you were in here?" He asked me with his eyes widened, his face obviously showing that there was some sort of anger. I should've told him the second it happened. "I didn't tell you because I knew they couldn't get in here. I would've known."

"That doesn't matter Catherine." His jaws were clenched as he stared down at me. "Your safety is one of my biggest priorities, I can't let shit happen to you. You should've told me sooner." With that, he gave me one last look and then walked away in a hurry towards his studio. I could easily here his yelling from where I was at. "Cat, really."

My head turned to Elise who was giving me a concerned look but I could tell she knew what I had done was wrong, fuck even I knew I should've told him. "I just didn't want him to think that I needed him to protect me from them. I can handle them taking pictures of me. They've started to show up in front of the studio but that's fine with me. It's something I can deal with."

"I get that," She sighed, walking towards me and placing her hand on top of my shoulder, "But you were alone and something could have happened. He liked you during that so of course you should've told him. I've never dated a celebrity or anything like that, but if there's people out to get him then there's someone out to get you."

I nodded, understand that she was completely right. "I'm gonna go and talk to him, hold up." It was just us three in the house right now, my mom and his were out for lunch together which I'm thankful for since I wouldn't want either to be here while Justin was mad. "J, open up." I mumbled as I knocked on the door of his studio. The tapping of his fingers on the phone was all I could hear, and the occasional cough since he was getting sick. "Please."

It didn't take long for him to open, his eyes looking at me with no emotion. "I'm sorry, I am. I know that something could've happened to me and I definitely should've told you. I don't want you to be mad at me, not over this."

"Catherine." He sighed. "Babe, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for not considering the fact that they could get in. It's fucking unbearable how they can't just leave me the fuck alone. I thought they couldn't get in but turns out there's been a way. I texted security at the gate, they said there's a couple a few houses down that's had a lot of visitors every few hours. Scooter said he's sending a bodyguard down here for me so I can at least not worry about you. I know you're gonna think it's too much but until I can get them away from here then I want you to have someone with you at all times. I'm not taking any risks."

This was too much, for him. Not for me, but him. I could see it in his eyes, the anxiety that was building up and he'd told me before that whenever things like this happen he has these breakdowns and I don't want him to go through one while he's with me. "Come here." I told him, patting down the seat next to me on the couch. "I'll do whatever you think is better for me, but I want you to calm down. We'll be fine, I'll be fine. I know your team can get them away from here, so just take a deep breath and focus on me. " I told him with as much confidence as I could. I had to be the strong one for him, there was no way he was gonna break down on me. "Mhm." He hummed, closing his eyes and resting his head against my shoulder.

Although I quickly shifted his head and got on top of him, straddling his lap. "We'll get through this." I mumbled before pressing my lips against his.