T H I R T Y - F O U R | H O P E

H O P E

T H I R T Y - F O U RH O P E

       Her hair was as messy as it could be

Her hair was as messy as it could be. She had barely slept the night in her old bedroom, the feeling of her in the bed being foreign to her. "I don't want to go into work."

He chuckled, taking a sip from his cup while he looked at her through his screen. He hadn't slept well either. Knowing that the girl he cared for so much was miles away instead of a door away was difficult for him. Not that it was easier for her, she had gotten used to waking up in the middle of the night to his constant begging of him to lay with her.

"Well, you have to. On the other hand, I have nothing to do. I might take Luna to get groomed or pampered up. How's your mom? Does she feel better being in her own home?" He asked, not only because he cared, but the smell of breakfast being cooked wasn't there when he woke up and he knew that things were just changing. One thing after the other. "She hates it, her room is so small and this place was a mess thanks to my brother who I still haven't seen. It's ridiculous how bad this place was. It's a good thing that you didn't come in."

"You wouldn't let me walk past the patio." He mumbled, taking a sip from the cup once more, emptying it out. "So, I hope you didn't forget that I'm picking you up after."

"I didn't." She sighed as she pushed her hair back from her face, looking at Justin while she continued to fix her room.
The suitcases were mostly empty, except for the fact that everything was either on the floor or where it was supposed to be. "I don't know what to wear, where are we eating?"

"I was thinking that we could eat at Flannigans." A laugh slipped her lips as she looked at him, trying to see if he was joking but his face was too serious to tell. "That place is always packed. You're going to get noticed."

"I'll wear a hoodie and glasses, I really want a burger though. Scooter said it was fine, then again he was in a hurry to leave so he might've heard me wrong."

She nodded in agreement, not really knowing what to answer with. She was spacing out and Justin could tell, but he didn't understand why. It was something she had started doing lately and every time he asked her about it she would just shrug it off as something simple but he knew it was more than that. "Talk to me."

"Isn't that what we've been doing since you woke me up." She snapped back into reality, answering him. Her eyes were set on the tattoo that was on his chest. The one she had done. "That bear, I'm so thankful for that bear."

He started to laugh, wondering where that was coming from. "It's a tattoo babe, I have dozens."

"It's not just a tattoo." She retorted, moving away from the pile of clothes and walking out of her bedroom. "It's my first piece on you and I put a lot of detail into it. I said I was thankful because it's things like the bear that make me realize that I'm doing something with my life."

"You have not one, but two tattoo studios. Of course you're doing something with your life." She rolled her eyes at his answer, setting her phone down on the counter of the bathroom whilst she began to style her hair. "I just didn't think this is how it would all end up."

"Explain." She blinked, nodding her head. She knew she was going to be late, but it didn't matter. "I didn't go to college to stay with my mom, which was the right thing to do. I never told anyone, not even her, but I got accepted into NYU for journalism. I dropped it for her. Everyone was expecting me to go through with how I planned out life."

"I wanted to be an editor for Time. That was what I had dreamt about, having my article sold and read by everyone. Which is weird right? It's weird." She laughed. "I had always drawn growing up. It was something that I could do without hesitation so when my brother introduced me to Ana, she saw my drawings and got me to start off tattooing. It was so easy for me, which is what sucked because I always worked hard for everything and then it all just showed up on my door. You know I've only been doing it for less than a year."

"For it being less than a year, you're amazing at what you do. Don't you think I'm grateful." He said while he picked at something in his teeth. "Because of you, I have a sick ass bear and a beautiful girlfriend." A smile was now on her features as she looked at Justin who was smiling back.

"I know you have to go to work so I'm going to hang up and go meet up with Scooter at Bal Harbour. Don't forget about the dinner." Saying goodbye and telling him that she would get there on time, she hung up and finished getting ready.

"Are you positive that you want to tattoo this on your body? This is permanent, it won't go away after

"Are you positive that you want to tattoo this on your body? This is permanent, it won't go away after." She reminded Michael who rolled his eyes at her words. "Catherine, please. She doesn't know I'm getting this and I love her. We've been together for a long time and I think this would be a great present for our anniversary." 

Deciding that it wasn't worth questioning anymore, Catherine started to place the sketch on his body. The orchids she'd recognized as Mary's favorite sketch was something last minute that Michael had decided on getting. Their anniversary was tomorrow and he hadn't bought her anything so he thought that getting something drawn by her was the perfect thing to do.

"I hope she won't kill us for this. You went through her shit, you know how she gets." She mumbled, taking the sketch off as she made sure that it was all transferred onto Michael's forearm. "This is so beautiful. Maybe I'll get something like this done."

"You still haven't even gotten your first tattoo and you want a huge orchid on you? Funny." Michael chuckled, checking out to see that it was where he wanted it placed. "I love her so much." Catherine squinted as she eyed Michael. Anyone who saw the two together could tell they were in love and inseparable. "My goals." Turning his head to look at Catherine, his eyebrows raised. "You have Justin."

"Not that, I just hope one day I'm loved as much as you love Mary. I want someone to think of me as their whole."