T H I R T Y - O N E | S H A M P O O

T H I R T Y - O N E
S H A M P O O

T H I R T Y - O N ES H A M P O O

catherine

catherine

Walking out from the studio, I looked from side to side to see if there was anyone out who might be paparazzi and after a few seconds of making sure, I stepped out and let out a deep breath. It's now been a week since the whole incident and today was when the bodyguard was flying in from Los Angeles. Not only was I thankful that he was finally here, but I knew it'd put Justin at ease since he'd text me every few minutes to make sure I was okay. I appreciated the gesture a lot, don't get me wrong. I just wish he didn't have to worry so much. "What are you doing out here?" Michael asked me as he took a drag from his cigarette, blowing it out a few seconds after.

"I need some fresh air, the girl inside was crying about how much the tattoo hurt so she's taking a break. So that means I'm taking a break too." I said as I walked near him, making sure to keep myself a few feet away from him to avoid the smoke that he was blowing out from his lips every so often.

"How are things with the boyfriend, you haven't really talked to anyone about it except Elise, she'd the one who told us actually." He motioned towards the inside of the building, Elise busy with a client. "We're good, great actually. I just think he doesn't deserve to get followed throughout every second but I've got a handle on it."

"At least I think I do." I somewhat laughed, picking at my nails while I looked down. "I actually have to leave after this one and you get to close tonight, or not. You can work extra, that's fine. I should get going." I rambled on, giving him a pat on the shoulder and walking inside after I spotted a flash come from the right of the street outside.

I thought I had checked everywhere, obviously not.

"Hey Ana," I called her out as I approached her station, watching as she tattooed a small heart on the girls knuckles. "Do you think you could finish that girl up, I trust you." She nodded and held her finger up to let me know she would as she was done with the one she was doing.

I don't know what I would without these three, honestly.

Walking out of the studio from the back was the least of my problems and so was getting in my car, but it was on the way back to the house that was mostly problematic but only due to the fact that there was traffic and I just wanted to lay in bed for a few to relax.

I was relieved to have not seen anyone when I walked into the house, which made going up the stairs and into my bedroom a whole lot easier. "I missed you so much." I mumbled into my pillow, breathing in the sweet smell of lavender from the detergent I used. "I missed you too?"

"Fuck!" I yelled, sitting up to see Justin at the entrance of my bathroom who was now laughing at me. "Why are you in my bathroom?"

"Luna took a shit in it and it still smells like it even though I cleaned it up two hours ago." Making a face of disgust, I got up from the bed and walked over to him. "I'm glad you're being a responsible father at least." Kissing him on his cheek, I walk into the bathroom to see that he had also showered in it. "Did you use my shampoo?"

"Oh my god, it left my hair so soft. I need to buy that because I'm so in love with it. What's the bra— Man stuff."
I laughed and shook my head while I looked at him. "I think it's cute, you're gonna practically smell like me."

"You're supposed to smell like my axe, I'm not supposed to smell like cherry blossom but whatever. Not like this is a normal relationship."

I nodded and walked out of the bathroom, back into my bedroom to plop down on my bed. "Someone took a picture of Michael and I outside of the studio. He was smoking so they're probably going to put that I smoke now, even though I kept my distance."

"They love to start shit." He chuckled, walking over to me and hugging my upper body. "You're feeling good?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling fine. Can we go to the pool, maybe drink and just spend some time together?" I asked him, knowing that he'd probably say yes but with him I never know what plans he has. "Yeah, I don't mind." He smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead and then walking away, out of the bedroom door.

"I didn't realize it was this hot." I mumbled to myself mostly as I walked out to the pool, my feet warming up from the hot tiles underneath it. "I thought I was going to get in, but I want my hair to stay soft longer than a few hours." Justin spoke up, my eyes diverting to where he was sitting on the outdoor couch.

"You barely have hair, washing it shouldn't be a problem."

"You can wash it for me." He smirked, bringing his glass up to his lips before speaking up again, "We could shower together after this." He smiled, sending me a wink.

"Funny." I rolled my eyes, walking into the pool with my eyes closed as I felt the cold water touch my skin. "How do you look so beautiful getting into a pool?" I heard from behind me which made me let out a small laugh. "Stop it." He shook his head and finished drinking whatever was in his glass before getting up. "I can't deny it, you're beautiful."

"I might have to take you up on that shower." I grinned as I swam towards the ledge, propping my body up. "Oh fuck it." Feeling the water splash onto my head as he jumped in, I started laughing and turned my body to face his which was coming up from the water. "Come here."

Swimming towards him, I took my time as I eyed him. It was unbelievable that I didn't realize I liked him from the beginning. I had someone who genuinely cared for me, and someone I knew I was falling for already. "What are you thinking about?" I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his waist, my head resting on his chest. "Thanks for coming into the studio that night." Was all I said while I closed my eyes, the sound of his heartbeat taking over any other sound I could've heard. But the sound didn't last long as he moved away from me, my head dipping down into the water from no longer holding onto him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Coming up and pushing my hair back from my face, I looked to where he was and all of a sudden I felt like the walls around me were caving in.