T W E N T Y | B E L I E V E

T W E N T Y
B E L I E V E

I could hear him singing from inside his studio, he'd been in there for a few hours now

I could hear him singing from inside his studio, he'd been in there for a few hours now. After what he had told me, I quickly got out of his room and went back to go swimming with Luna. Now I was sitting in the living room, catching up on The Flash.

I was bored at this point. I had no one to talk to, and knowing he was mad at me killed me in the inside, but I knew I couldn't just let him off the hook. "I'm going to go visit my mom, I might stay the night!" Was all I yelled from the couch as I slowly got up, turning the tv off as I did.

I doubt he heard me but it didn't matter anyway, he wasn't gonna do anything about it.

"Baby, what brings you here?" She smiled at me while I slowly closed the door. "You were here like a day ago."

"Justin and I got in a fight, I guess. He wanted to kiss me but I rejected him, and he took it in a very harsh way." I mumbled, getting closer to her and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "He locked himself up in the studio."

"Te lo dije! I told you he likes you! You're just so stubborn and you wouldn't listen to me." I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the chair next to her bed. "Okay, yes. You were right and I should have listened to you."

"You should've but why did you reject him? From what you've told me, it for sure seems like you feel the same way." She questioned which made me stir in my seat. I didn't want to answer the question because she would call bullshit. She knew that a thing like that wouldn't stop me from kissing him.

I was scared.

"Catherine, is there something you wanna tell me sweetheart? I nodded my head but no words would come out. I didn't want to admit it. "Is this about you not wanting to ruin your friendship?"

"Mhm." I looked towards the door to see that a nurse had walked in with a stack of papers.

"Sorry to interrupt. These are all the forms that you guys have to sign for Ms.Estelle here to be home bound. It just states that she can't miss her chemotherapy once we start it again and that if there's any complications she must be brought here as soon as possible. Nothing major, but you do have to sign off on the receipt for the payment for her chemotherapy that was given."

"What payment? I haven't paid chemotherapy since before she was in the coma." I furrowed my eyebrows and took the stack of papers from her, "I'm sorry but can you give us a quick minute." The nurse nodded and walked out of the room, leaving the two of us alone.

"Dad paid off your chemotherapy." I motioned her to sit up while I walked over to her, my finger pointing at his name on the receipt. "Why would he do this?"