Chapter 5

~not edited~

"Kiana! Kiana wake up!" I heard someone shout through the door.

"What..." I murmured throwing my pillow at the door and rubbing my eyes with my fists.

"Oi, Kiana get up or I'm coming in a dragging you out of bed!" A different voice shouted. Josh! Smacking his fist violently on the door.

"Okay, okay! I'm up." I said shooting out of bed and looking in the mirror. I didn't look too bad this morning. I went to the door to come fave to face with Josh, Max and Louis. "What?"

"School, you idiot." Josh said shaking his head. Then he flicked me in the forehead.

"Oh yeah," I said widening my eyes, rubbing my head where it had been flick. Who has that powerful flick? "Hang on, I'm in my final year and your a year older than me. Why are you going to school?" I asked confused.

"Oh, er, last year I failed my end of year exam and stuff, so I got held back a year." He said, turning emotionless. "So, I'm in your year now sweetheart." He said slapping a smile back on his face.

"Oh, lucky me." I retorted sarcastically.

"Yeah, so hurry up." He responded.

I turned around and closed my door. It wasn't warm out like it had been for the past couple of days, so I slipped into a pair of skinny jeans and a scarlet cami. I grabbed a pair of black heels off the shelf and slipped them on.

I picked up my new black handbag and put a lilac notepad, which Joanna had also bought me, my full pencil case, my new purse and a lilac folder all into my bag. I reached for my new make up bag and pulled out, a 'Big Lash' mascara, a liquid black eyeliner and a light lip gloss. I wiped the eyeliner in a thin line on the top of my eyelids, brushed my eyelashes with the mascara and applied a tiny bit of lip gloss. I generally hated wearing make up, but considering it was my first day I wanted to look half decent. I'd probably lose it by tomorrow.

I shoved the make up bag in my bag and grabbed my phone, headphones and keys and, with that, left the room.

I walked into the kitchen and picked up a bottle of water.

"Hello darling, how are you feeling?" Joanna asked handing me an apple. She was truly treating me like her daughter. I loved it. It made me feel less homesick.

"A bit nervous, but other than that not too bad. Thank you." I said, taking the apple and putting it into my bag.

"There's nothing to be worried about. Also, Louis, Max and Josh will be there for you. Especially Josh." She said, whilst loading the dishwasher.

"Why especially Josh?" I furrowed my eyebrows, whilst pouring some milk on top of my cornflakes. Boring I know, but they're just easy.

"Well he is in you year." She responded, "he did tell you didn't he?" she frowned.

"Oh yeah. He told me he got kept back a year, because he failed an exam or something. He didn't really go into it." I replied, taking a mouthful of cornflakes, trying not to notice her sad face.

"Oh... yes." She said momentarily, shaking herself, "yes, poor him, anyways, you'd better be off." She said smiling.

I nodded and handed my bowl to her and jumped down off the stool. I walked into the grand hallway, checked my appearance in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs.

"Morning again sweetheart." Josh said as he walked past me, "looking stunning as always." He laughed.

"Shut up. I got to go." I said pushing him out of the way.