Chapter 8

~not edited~

Driving to school in Josh's Audi. Well yesterday evening wasn't awkward at all. The boys are still laughing about it now! For goodness sake!

For some reason or other, the rest of the boys are walking to school, so it's just me and Josh... "So Josh, what did you take for options?" I asked, trying to relive the tension.

"History, Psychology, Sociology and um..." He said pausing for a moment, "Child Development." He eventually got out, refusing to make eye contact with me.

"Really?" I just got a nod, "Well I chose Business Studies, Psychology, Sociology and Child Development too!"

"You took, Child Development?" He said.

"I could ask you the same thing," I responded.

"Oh um, just thought, I don't know, just took up another um subject um I guess..." He said, stammering. Quickly realising this was a touchy topic, I immediately dropped it. But I wanted to know more. What secrets lurked, deep within those bright blue eyes?

***

Two lessons, already wizzed by. I hadn't seen Josh since this morning, but I had child development next. So with a bit of luck I should be in Josh's class.

As I arrived at the door a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled my towards him. Josh. I recognised the smell, don't ask why. "Hey sweetheart, so you're in this lesson. Well we're gonna have some fun!" Oh no, what is wrong with him. Had he forgotten about this morning.

"Josh let go of me," I said, shaking my hand free.

I walked into the classroom and took a seat at the far back hand corner. The next thing I knew, Josh was sat besides me. I simply shook my head because there was nothing I could do to get him to move, especially as the teacher had started.

"Okay class, listen up. For the next month you are going to be acting as a parent. I will put you in pairs, boy girl pairs, and you will act as mother and father for a baby doll. This doll will cry, sleep, laugh, do everything a normal baby will do and you have to answer to its needs. You will also be making dairies of how your progress is going," the teacher continued to talk.

I glanced over at Josh. His face had lost all colour and he was staring at the teacher, emotionless. I wanted to know this deep dark secret. Why Josh was so touchy around this subject? Why he even took this subject? But something told me I wasn't going to find out.

Suddenly Josh shot his hand up, "Sir, can I go with Kiana? Because I'm the only one she knows and I do live in the same house as her, so I would make life a lot easier, and more realistic." Josh said. The room filled with gasps and whispers, my face turned bright red.

"Well yes, I don't see why not. In fact that is quote a good idea. Well done," the teacher said. Josh turned and winked at me. Girls groaned in annoyance. Clearly they all want to be paired with Josh Parker.

The teacher, I should really learn his name, said random names and paired them up with other random names. I didn't know anyone's name in this class, besides Josh, and no one seemed to make an effort to talk to me. The amount of evil glares I received off girls were unreal!

"Okay, you won't receive you baby until Monday, so today you will be doing a 'getting to know you partner' exercise. I rolled my eyes. Great.

"So Kiana, do you love me?" He said smirking.

"No," I replied bluntly.

"Well trust me, I will make you love me."

"Whatever," I said raising an eyebrow. "How many cousins do you have?" I had been thinking about this last night. I mean about Dannie's wedding.