Chapter 77

Chapter 77. *Taylor's POV*

I slid my finger across the screen of my phone and unlocked it. A text from Logan was lighting up the screen.

"Did you see the crash?" his text read.

"Yes. Who was in it??" I quickly replied.

"It was-" is all I could read before my phone was snatched from my hands.

"Texting in class, are we?"

I look up to see the teacher, Ms. Kendal, standing over my desk.

"Well yes but you see it was for a good reason." I defended my case.

"There is never a good reason to be texting in class. You will get this," She said and pointed to my phone with her poorly done nails. "after class."

"Can I at least see what he replied?"

"No!" She snapped and took my phone to her desk. She set it down in one of the drawers of her desk and started back on grading papers.

Ms. Kendal has a long and sad backstory. Since she is a widow and nothing seems to go her way she takes this out on her students. You may think that most teachers do this to students. Ms. Kendal is different.

She cries almost everyday in class. She has to bring up one of her late husbands at least twice in a class. Everything someone does reminds her of one of them.

You sneezed? Oh my husband use to sneeze!

Enough on my teachers past. She could not have picked a worse time to catch me texting in class.

I looked at the clock. Thirty more minutes in this stuffed up room.

I tapped my fingers on the desk impatiently.

I can't wait thirty minutes.

I quickly raised my hand. "Excuse me. Ms. Kendal!"

She slowly looked at me through her small glasses. "What is it now Taylor?"

"I think there is a fight in the hallway!"

"A fight? Not in my school." Ms. Kendal said. She picked up a yard stick and ran into the hallway.

I quickly got up from my seat and dashed to the front of the room. I opened and closed drawers until I finally found the one where she put my phone.

"Finally." I sighed and unlocked my phone.

"It was Dad. Mom took the other car and was at the store. So it was only dad in the car and he's okay. He's in the hospital now and he only has a few broken bones."

"Omg. I'm so relieved that he's okay. The car looked totaled though. The bus hit it!"

"Wait what? Dad's accident didn't involve a bus??"

"What? Then who was in the other car? Got to go teacher!!"

I put the phone on the desk and set my hand over it and leaned on the desk casually.

Ms. Kendal walked in and gave me a confused look. "What are you doing?"

"Oh you know. Just.. Chilling?"

"Get back to your seat." she grumbled.

"Yes ma'am." I replied and hurried to my seat. When I sat down I sighed of relief. At least dad is okay.

But who was in that car? It couldn't have been mom, right? Her car doesn't look like that. That car was pretty totaled though.

Taylor stop thinking like that. Think positive.

Plus, Logan would know if it was mom. And he would let me know.

I calmed myself down a bit until I heard my phone go off one more time.

------------------------------------------

Well crap.