Chapter 9: Coz' You're My Tranquilizer

"Eomma?" I excitedly call my mother when I open our door. I just came home from work. "Eomma, I bring your favorite!"

But still, there's no reply. "Aigoo... She must be outside again."

I frown when I notice a letter on my bed. There is also a box near it. I open the box and is surprised to see a set of beautiful ruby stoned jewels. It is my birth stone.

I read the card and is teary eyes when I finished reading. Mother's gift for you on your wedding day.

I held the box on my chest. I feel happy that my mother gave me this. I remember the letter.

My happiness is all gone when I read its content.

To Eun Jae,

If you read this and I am not in home, I already walked away. I am really sorry for leaving without a word. I need a time to rethink all over again. I am confident to leave you now since you're already grown up and you can take care of yourself very well. I am happy to see you growing beautifully and having a kind heart. I admit, I never been a good mother to you Eun Jae and I am really sorry for that. No matter how I tried, I cannot just give myself fully to you as your mother because I always see your father's mistake in you. You are not my real daughter. You are the daughter of your father from a girl whom I do not know. I'm sorry to tell you just this moment. I swear, I really wished I could have been better to you... That I could have been a good mother to you, but my heart is just full of hatred that I stopped myself from being a good mother to you. I will be going far away my dear... I am hoping I can find peace in my heart as I travel and that I can be a new me if I will face you again. I am doing this not for myself only, but for you too. I want to change for you. The box beside this letter is my gift to you in case you'll get married soon. I always kept it while waiting for the right time Eun Jae. Again, I am truly sorry for all the heartaches I gave to you. You will always be my one baby girl Eun Jae. I love you.

Loving,

Mother

The letter is already wet when my tears keep on falling. My heart is in so much pain. My head is so confused. I don't have anyone beside me anymore. I feel lost. I feel like a broken vase with some pieces are lost.

"Eomma?! Wae?! Wae?!" I shout in pain. I run towards her room, but all I see is emptiness. I threw the things that my hands grasp as I walk towards the living room.

"Eun Jae-ssi?" I heard Cheri knocks and calls me from outside.

"Go away! I want to be alone!" I shout it to her.

"Arasseo, but don't harm yourself."

I did not answer. I feel numb. Words for me are so hard to say. I sit on a corner and hug my knees. I do not want any jewel or thing. I only need my family.

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

I fell asleep after I cried and cried so hard. I tried to move away my mother's gift and letter by hiding it away from my sight.

I automatically open my eyes when the door from my room open in a harsh way.

"Why are the things scattered on the floor?!" My step father asks with madness.

My tears stream down again as I remember the reason why. "Eomma... She left us samcheon."

"Mwuh ra goo?"

"Eomma walked away... She said she wanted a space."

My uncle holds my arm tightly. He tries to shake me. "Have you lost your mind? Maybe she is just drinking."