Chapter 16: Indiscreet Concern

"I am your real mother Eun Jae. Remember what I told you? I was so shy to get near you and tell you that I am your real mother so I pretended to be your neighbor and try to look after your safety. Believe me dear. I am really sorry for keeping this to you. I—"

I stop her from talking when I see the pain in her eyes. "T—Take a rest first, okay? I'll—" I feel so confuse.

"Eun Jae, I do not wish for you to forgive me and accept me as your mother... I just... I am just happy that I am able to confess it to you before I will die."

My tears start to fall too. "Oh no no. Please don't say that." I wipe her tears.

I see her nod. "Can you stay here until I go back to sleep? I know it is too much to ask, but... I promise I won't be asking any more visits from you starting tomorrow." She closes her eyes after I nod at her.

I stay by her side while trying to suppress my feelings. I feel numb, sad and happy.

"O—Oppa... Oppa." I break down into tears when I hear Soo Young answering. I walk towards the bus stop.

"Hey Eun Jae, what's going on? Why are you crying?"

"I—I found... I found my real mother. She is sick."

"Mwuh ra goo?"

"My mother..."

"Jamkaman. I'll get you there, arasseo? Don't walk away. I will fetch you."

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

I hug Soo Young tightly when I finished telling him what happened.

"Oppa... I don't know what to feel... What to think. I am just so confused." I sob on his chest.

"Shh... Calm down Eun Jae. Calm down. How many times do I have to tell you that you are not allowed to be under stress or pressure? Come on. Just think about your baby. We don't want to lose him right?" He rubs the back of my head.

"Arasseo oppa. Arasseo. Just give me a couple of minutes." I release a deep sigh and then I wipe my tears. "I am sorry oppa. I always give you worries and heartaches."

He smiles at me. "Aniyo. It's my turn now to support you. You always did that for me before right?"

I nod and then smile. "What are friends for oppa?"

Soo Young chuckles. "Yeah right. Hmmm... So what are you planning now?"

"Meolla." I look away.

"Are you still mad at her?" Soo Young looks at me as if assessing me.

I shake my head. "I never hated her oppa. It's just that, everything is so shocking for me. I mean, my mom whom I used to think that she is my mom is in reality my step mom that left me and then, my step father almost raped me... And then, I got pregnant, but Jinki won't accept it and he also left me... And now... I finally found my true mom, who pretended to be my neighbor and confidant, but... She's sick with cancer? What is this? What is more in life that it offers to me oppa? Will there be happiness that will come?" I stare at him sadly.

He holds my hand. "Aigoo... Did I not once tell you that life is always full of surprises? Surprises that will test you. Surprises that will make you stronger when facing life in the future. We just need to learn from that surprises... From that experiences."

"Gomawo oppa. Neomo gomawo." I smile at him. I feel that my baby kicks inside me. "Oppa, he's kicking." I get his hand and put it on my belly. "Can you feel it?"