Chapter 14: Giving up

"Eun Jae..." Soo Young's voice awakens me from my deep sleep.

"Oppa..." I weakly said when I look around. "Where are they?"

"You mean the four SHINee members?"

I nod. I remember seeing them in my memory to be the last one that I was with.

"Ahh, they said they will be back after their guesting. They are not friendly nor not aloof towards me. They are just formal." Soo Young shrugs his shoulders.

I try to show him a half smile. "They are friendly oppa. Trust me."

He puffs an air. "Alright. Ya... Are you feeling okay now? You gave me a shock."

I nod. "My baby... Is my baby okay?" I hold my breath as I waited for his answer.

"Your baby is fine. Nothing to worry about that. The doctor just wants you not to stress out yourself. He emphasizes that you should not be under emotional and physical stress."

I sigh. "Thanks God, my baby is safe." A small smile form on my face, but a hint of sadness can also be seen.

"Ya... I just said that doctor said it is not good for you to be EMOTIONALLY STRESSED, arasseo?"

My tears fall. "I—I'll try oppa."

Soo Young rubs my arm. "Eun Jae-ya... Stop crying, will you?"

"Oppa... He... He did not believe me." My sobs become heavier.

"Shhh... Just stop thinking about him first. Please... It's not for me... It's for you and the baby."

I try to calm myself, thinking that it is for the baby.

"Good." He mutters when he sees me calming myself slowly.

"Oppa... Gomawo for not leaving me." I said as I hold his hand.

"What are besties for? Besides, it is my fault for asking you to do that. I am sorry Eun Jae. I should have not dragged you to my own problem."

I smile to him. "Gwenchana oppa. What are besties for right?"

He laughs. "Jinjja!" He suddenly looks at me with serious eyes. "Will telling him that I am a gay will make him believe you? Should I—"

I shake my head. "It's pointless oppa. I already told him about it and about the drama... But he did not believe me. He believes Ha Eun more than me." I try to wipe away my tears.

"Then have you told him that you are going to have your baby?"

The memory of him rejecting and mocking me when I told him about my pregnancy flashbacks in my mind. I sob heavily when pain succumbs me again. "He—He... Believes that this baby is not his. That... You are the father."

"What?! What made him say that? I mean. You and me? Eww... I can't imagine us doing it." Soo Young laughs to divert my attention. He becomes serious afterwards. "Ya... Seriously... Where did he get that idea?"

"Ha Eun... She was the one who gave him 'evidences' that we are together. He knew that I am staying at your house."

"Nugu?! Ha Eun?!"

I nod as I sniff.

"Aigoo... She's really an obsessed type of girl. After her sister? You? Just to get that narrow minded guy!? Pathetic!" Soo Young is fuming mad. He stands. "I am going to give her a lesson... And also that narrow minded fiancee—no, ex-finacee of yours!"

I hold his hand before he walks away. "Oppa... Don't." I try to sit. "If there's one thing that I realize in this situation... That is... His trust for me is like a first degree burn. It looks like it really damages the inner surface of our body, but in reality, it did not even able to damage deeply. It can even be cured by some ointment and then it will leave no scar at all by putting another ointment for scar. That's what type of trust he is to me... Not deep."