1- New Beginning.

Onika's POV...

I woke up as the ray of sunlight fell on my eyelids. Opening my eyes gingery I looked at Alex still sleeping peacefully.

I breathed in relief.

Fortunately, today was one among those days when I don't wake him up in the middle of the night due to my constant screaming.

He isn't my own child. I found him crying on the streets the day I run away from Agustin. He was such a small thing crying as if he hasn't had any food in days. How can someone throw such a small child away? He must have been just an year old at that time. Now, it has been 2 years since we are together.... Since I ran away from him.

I still remember that day clearly. The day I decided to die and I would have done so if not for Alex. After I saw Alex, crying there I decided I am not going to give up my life away for a scumbag like Agustin DeLuca.

Better live your life for someone who needs you than to end it for someone who isn't gonna even spare a second to think about you. That monster have had all my happiness he is not going to have my life, not again.

Currently I am working as the PA of Theodore Blake, the CEO of Blake Corporation.

I think my boss has hots for me.....little does he know I am done being involved with anyone for good.

After feeding my baby boy and handing him over to his nanny, I got ready for the day and left for my office.

I was sitting in my office since past two hours going through the files when my phone rang. "Hello, Miss Onika, in my cabin, right now." My boss ordered.

"Yes sir. " I said, like a programmed robot and headed towards my destination.

I sighed and mentally prepared myself for another of his useless approaches. It's like a daily routine now. Why can't he get used to the fact that I don't want him?

Sighing, I knocked at his cabin door.

"May I come in, Sir?" I asked.

"Yes" he said in his authoritative voice.

I got in and greeted him,"Good, morning Sir. How may I help you?"

He eyed me, his dark eyes boring right though mine, for a few seconds before answering.

"Miss. Onika, have you went through Mr. Watson's file? I want all the details on my table in an hour and make sure to arrange a meeting with the Mr. Lawrence ASAP."

"Yes Sir. Anything else?" I asked immidiatly, praying he will dismiss me but luck wasn't on my side. As always.

"Yes actually. I have to ask you for a favour." And there we go. "And what would that be, Sir?" I asked exasperated.

"Today is my brother's marriage ceremony." He said, as if it explains everything.

"Oh congratulations​ Sir, but I don't see how can I help you with that?" I asked, frowning my brows in confusion.

"Actually, all employees are invited, it is one of the most prestigious ceremony of the city and there is a theme for the party and every one has to be with their partners. So, I was wondering..if..I mean..I would like you to be my partner." " he paused and added, "not that I don't have girls approaching me every now and then."

'I am sure girls are roaming all around you for all the money and looks you have got.'I rolled my eyes internally.

I wanted to throw an acrid comment at the open display of his arrogance but right now this job is very important to me as I have a child to feed, and it's a well paid job in the most renowned company. The best that there is, so I can't afford to piss him off and risk the job.