20- are you serious?

Agustin's pov...

I swallowed hard against my dry throat and for the first time I prayed to God, help me convince her.

"I am sorry Onika I am so fucking sorry. I just couldn't handle you not loving me and cheating on me behind my back that also with my own best friend. It was as if I lost everything on the same day.

I was blinded by rage when I did all those things to you and I am really ashamed of what I did. I know it's no excuse for how I treated you. I deserve your hate for what I did but please give me one chance just one chance.

You are everything that matters to me I am ready to pay any price for it. I will happily take whatever you throw my way but just don't give up on us like this."I gave her a pleading look and clutched at her hand desperately.

She immediately jerked my hand away and tilted her head as if studing me but her expression don't looked fazed even in the slightest after hearing what I had to say.

This increased my panic exponentially. I don't understand why this is not having any effect on her. As per my knowledge she is very emotional and forgiving type of person. What have I done to her?

She gave me a vicious cold smile and said."Us ....there is no us Agustin and I didn't give up on you rather you did ..and that also without even a second thought. You tortured me day and night but I still didn't give up on us because I loved you with everything thing in me.

I thought may be one day you will come to your senses and everything will be back to normal but that day never came and now you are two years too late for that." She said her voice dripping with venom.

I closed my eyes in frustration. Why can't she just understand how much I love her and regret what I did. I am ready to accept my fault. Can't she just give me one chance" Onika please...please.. for once try to see this from my point of view . What would you have done if you were in my shoes...."she didn't let me finish.

And I don't know why but on hearing this her anger raised like a volcano"How dare you ask me that! You really are shameless. You want me to answer that.. okay then I will tell you what I would have done.

I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I would have asked you your side of story. I would have believed what you would have said... isn't that what two people in love are supposed to do. Trust each other." she said her blue eyes directly piercing into mine.

I pinched the bridge of my nose to keep myself in control. How do I make her understand how I felt when I saw those photos."It is easy for you to say because you haven't seen someone you love to death in someone else's arm." It came out more harshly then I intended to.

She shook her head in disbelief and said."You think I don't know how it feels like to see someone you love in someone else's arm. Throughout the span of our marriage I had to see your picture with different models no Matter how much I tried to avoid it, it was everywhere ....the TV...news paper..magazines.

Sometimes I used to wait for you whole night at home but you didn't show up didn't even bother to tell me when will you come and the next day I see your photo with some supermodel hanging by your side at a party while I was waiting for you the whole night to have dinner together

and in the morning when you come back you never even cared to say at least a sorry...that was all I expected..just a sorry and an explanation. Was it too much to ask for?

Do you have any idea how I felt? But never for once I questioned you in spite of all my insecurities you know why? Because I trusted you.

But now I realise I should have questioned. It was my right as your wife to know. May be then you wouldn't have taken me for granted. May be then you would have remembered that you have a wife at home waiting for you when you were busy parting with your friends.

I just didn't wanted to loose you so I just forgave you again and again and you didn't even ever realised how much I was suffocating from inside.

But now when I think about it. I feel like it was my fault that I allowed you to treat me that way. I compromised way beyond then I should have and lost my worth.

So you can't just blame every thing on those photos when you never actually treated me the way I or any girl deserves to be treated. I can never go back to live like that. You were never a good husband." I felt as if someone has torn my heart into two pieces on hearing that.

I just stared at her dumbfounded . I don't have anything to say in my defense. I was feeling so guilty when I realized how right she was. I never treated her the way she deserved even before that incidence.

All I did was just gave her a pleading look. Feeling completely speechless for the first time in my life.

When I didn't say anything she continued"You want me to believe that you will never treat me that way. How do I believe you Agustin what have changed?

Now it is easy for you to say after you know the truth but what when again some problem arise in the future which I assure will happen because no relationship is ever free from it.

Then what do you expect me to do run again with Alex or be tortured to death infront of that small child. How can you torture someone to an inch of death and claim that you love her?"her voice cracked as she spoke the last part.

I am sure I would have been knocked on my knees hearing that if I would have been standing. I never knew one could feel so much pain without any physical damage. The guilt was eating me alive.

I took in two three calming breaths to think clearly. Somewhere deep inside it was clear to me that she is right but I was not willing to let her go "I can't go back in the past and undo my mistakes if that would have been possible I will give away any thing to do so. But right now what I can do is promise you that it will never happen again.... promise to love and trust you.."

I looked into her eyes. She was trying to hold back tears but I continued" I never thought my mother and best friend can do that to me...." But that was the wrong thing to say I came to realise as I saw the change of her expression.

Before I can complete the sentence she interrupted me and said"But you thought I can. You easily accepted that I can do such loathsome thing but it was hard for you to believe your best friend can do that."she let out a humorless laugh and continued.

" And your promise of love and trust I have heard before...look where it brought me. You have fooled me once with your dialogues you are not fooling me again." I clenched my fist hard on hearing that or else I am sure I will throw the vase in front of me on someone's head.

Before I can think of a come back she looked at her watch and abruptly stood up and said.
" You have taken more then 5 minutes, I am not going to waste any more of my time on you. I am already late, I need to go. And don't bother to drop me. I will take a cab."saying that she started walking towards the exit.

Oh god no, no, no. I can't just let her go what should I do now? Suddenly an evil idea came in my mind.

"Do you want divorce?" Hearing that she stopped dead in her track and turned towards me. Her eyes as wide as saucer, sparkling with hope as if she is about to get her biggest Christmas gift. I grinned internally. She is still so innocent. I knew it will work.

"Ar...are you serious?!"she asked with hope.

"Absolutely.... But on one condition."I replied firmly though my guilty conscience was telling me not to do this but I am willing to do anything to have her back. There is no existence of mine without her.
....................................................

I hope you all like it.

Please vote, comment and share.

Have a nice day.
Ricky❤❤