22- scars.

Jacob's pov....

I was working on these files for the past two hours. I have an important presentation tomorrow. It isn't even 10 o'clock and I am already feeling sleepy.

My eyes started dropping close, I rested my head on the study table and darkness consumed me.

I suddenly jerked awake and groaned in frustration as I heard my phone ringing. Arrggg.....Can't even have a peaceful sleep.

It was Agustin's call. I immediately picked up his call.

"Hello."

"Hello, Jackob, I want you to come to the restaurant, you booked for my date with Onika."

I subconsciously stood up.....hyper alert now. Something was wrong. He was sounding pissed."What happend are you guys alright? " I asked, worried.

My heart was beating fast. Thousands of thoughts enveloped my mind. Is Onika alright? Did Agustin again do something to her?

"It seems my wife is not much interested in being in the same car with me.
Other than that everything is fine. You just have to drop her home." He replied in an angry tone.
.
.
.
When I reached there I saw them standing outside the entrance. The tension between them was palpable in the air.

Damn. What did Agustin do now?

When Onika saw my car she practically ran towards me to get away from Agustin and got in the car without wasting a second.

I looked back at Agustin and he just gave me a slight nod and got in his own car and went off.

Something was wrong. She just sat there with her eyes trained forwards on the road as if hiding her eyes from me. Then my eyes fell upon her shoulder and I felt this sudden rage take over me.

"Did Agustin do that?"I asked her pointing towards her shoulder, my voice dripping with rage.

She focus her eyes on me and just gulped the saliva down her throat as she realised what I was talking about. She didn't actually need to answer. As I already knew it.

Agustin had already hurt her beyond limits and instead of making amendments he is adding to it. But what I never imagined was he will physically harm her again.

I met her blue dull eyes and my heart twisted with agony. She was looking so broken and.... defeated as if she is tired of fighting.

She broke the deafening silence by saying"Jackob can you please start driving, I am getting late Alex must be waiting for me."

I just shook my head dumbly and started driving. I was clutching the steering wheel so hard that my hands were like a white sheet with bulging veins. Screw this I can't take this anymore.

"Want to talk about it?" I finally asked.

"You can ask Agustin. "She replied still not looking at me.

"I am not asking because I am curious to know what happened between you two. I am just asking so that you feel better after sharing." I replied in a soft voice.

She stared at me intensely and after a moment of hesitation she told me everything but all the while her voice was so detached as if she isn't feeling anything as if she is just talking about the weather.

How can Agustin do this to her? How can he force her to live with him like this. I need to talk to him. This is not right he need to stop. I will be damned if I just sit back and watch her suffer like this.

Damn Agustin you have fucked up big time. You are going to loose her because of your stupid arrogance and control freak attitude. You are not even realising how pathetic you have became. She pulled me out of my thoughts by saying..

"I can never be happy with him I don't ever want to see his face. I can't even be sure if he will leave me in peace after 3 months and I don't want Alex to witness his psychopathic nature. "

She took a deep breath to calm herself and continued"I am tired of fighting to be strong, I am tired of crying, above all I am tired of being helpless and weak. I can't take it any more." She said, her voice filled with helplessness and frustration.

"I don't know what did I do wrong to deserve this. What is my fault in this? Why is god angry with me?" She questioned more to herself then to me.

With each passing minute it was as if I can feel her pain raising in my own body. My heart tightened as I saw her broken dull eyes glistening with tears.

Agustin disgust me now. He hasn't changed a bit.

I didn't know what to do. How to comfort her. A sudden wave of protectiveness washed over me. I somehow resisted the urge to just hold her and sooth her.

I have no fucking idea how to make her stop hurting. I just sat there not knowing what to do. The feeling of her helplessness is killing me. I just need to make her pain go away. I took in a deep breath and said, in a calm voice.

"Hard isn't it? Trying to stay strong with a smile pasted on your face that quickly goes away when no one is around you. It's not always your fault if bad things happen to you. So stop blaming yourself.

I know sometimes life is not fair. But you have to keep trying. No matter how hard the blow is fight back.

Happiness will find its way to you sooner or later, even though it doesn't seems like it will, but I assure you it will.

Be strong not because it's the ideal thing to do but because you are fighting for your rights. If you want to live you need to fight back and heal your scars."

Something changed in her eyes for a second but it disappeared before I can analyse what it was.

She closed her eyes for a moment, tear making its way through her cheeks. Then she opens her eyes and looking directly into my eyes she asked the toughest question of my life.

"What if the scars are so deep that it is now a part of who you are, that they are all you could feel, it's like a sheet always covering you and no matter how hard you want to erase it, it just won't go away."

My blood boiled in anger which was directly towards Agustin for breaking her like this.

"Do you want to hear a story?" I asked her keeping my anger at a bay.

...............

Please vote and comment if you like the chapter.....:)