Epilogue

Four Years Later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person's Pov....

Agustin DeLuca looked at the six years old bundle of joy infront of him, playing with her Uncle Jack.

Iris DeLuca.

Iris, the only source of peace in his otherwise turbulent life.

A small gentle smile played on Agustin's lips, contrasting to his otherwise roughened features, the one which was only reserved for this tiny little creature whose soft giggles vibrated through the walls of his heart as he looked at her with pure awe and admiration in his eyes.

He adopted her two years after Onika left, those two years were hard on him. Making peace with his demons.

With the truth.

The truth that tore his whole world apart, leaving him with a constant ache in his chest. Leaving him vulnerable. Leaving him dead inside.

Every single breath he took in her absence killed something within him. Maybe it was a part of his soul that was dying, he thought.

He didn't know what was hurting him the most.

That he was never going to see Onika again.

That he was the murderer of his own child.

That he was the reason why Onika can never mother a child again, after loosing her first child so painfully, when he should have been there to comfort her, she was running away from... him, bearing the scars he had given her all over her body. Sacred. Alone. Helpless.

Many a times the reality would hit him so hard that he would drunk himself to Oblivion, till he can't feel anything, till he can just vaguely hear the name reverberating at the back of his head, Onika.

Strangely that name never went away, no matter how drunk he was, he could still make sense of that one name even if he forgets his own.

At times Jacob would have to search for him, from one ally to another, finding him either at some corner of a filthy bar or beside his daughter's grave where he often cried till he passed out from the intense pain pricking all over his body, as if someone is physically stabbing him with a knife.

As incredulous as it sounds, even after everything he did to Jacob, Jacob never left his side. Jacob was always there, taking care of his business when he was busy in drinking and mourning. Helping him wordlessly whenever he needed a friend.

If not for Jacob his dead body would have been rotting somewhere for the animals to feed upon.

Jacob made sure he took his anger management classes, never missed his appointment with the councillor, everything that Onika wanted him to do, and that was the only thing that convinced him to keep going with it. 'If she were here this is what she would have wanted, Agustin', this is what Jacob would always say whenever he resisted, and that simple statement was enough to make him do anything. Anything.

It took him two years to get a hold of himself, that's when Jacob advised him to adopt a child. At first he was wary of the idea, not sure if he will ever deserve to be a father.