17-you all are same.

Jacob's pov.....

I could still hear Onika sobbing. I saw Agustin rushing out of his cabin. I know I shouldn't be here it's their personal matter but I can't bring myself to move my leg after hearing her pain filled voice which pierced right through my heart.

How can Agustin leave her there like this . I hate Agustin for what he has done to her. He will destroy everything why can't he understand he can never get Onika by forcefully tying her to himself this is not gonna end well if he doesn't change his ways.

I couldn't stand her crying anymore. I opened the door and what I saw made my heart cringe. She was lying there on the floor. Legs to her chest sobbing like an innocent lost child. I still remember how she used to be always smiling and welcoming, full of life. One misunderstanding have destroyed everything.

Sometimes I really wonder does Agustin deserves her. After going through so much in her life she deserves to be loved and cherished and not crying somewhere on the floor if Agustin can't understand that even after knowing the truth then he is past repentance.

In this very moment one thing was clear to me no , Agustin don't deserve her. What was killing me was even after knowing that I can't help her. I guess no one can Agustin would kill if anyone as much as tries.

She looked up our eyes met. What I saw there made me want to kill Agustin. There was so much pain evident in her eyes that it was physically hurting me to see her like this.

"Jackob" my name rolled off her tongue. Hearing my name from her did something at the pit of my stomach and my heart beat sped up. I know I shouldn't feel like this for her. She is my best friend's wife I have no right to feel like this. I am feeling as if I am betraying Agustin.

I have tried hard to maintain my distance from her but one look from her and all my resolve broke away at this moment I didn't care about anything other then for comforting her no matter what the consequences be.

"Onika"I said. She stood up and immediately wiped her tears away. Trying to appear strong. Though all of us know that Agustin won't rest till he gets what he wants but still she is here fighting him to others that may sound childish but How much I respect her for holding her grounds.

I went near her and told her to sit on the chair and gave her a glass of water. I took another chair and sat beside her. She was still hiccuping. Her eyes were swollen and red.

"How are you Onika."shit I shouldn't have asked that but before I could stop the words left my mouth.

" Funny you asked. Do I really need to answer that?"

"No I guess" I answered embarrassed

"It's nice to see you after so long."

"Can't say the same about you. Sorry no offence but I knew seeing you again meant seeing Agustin as well."she said honesty.

"None taken."

"Onika....I..I know it's not my place to tell you this but please give Agustin one chance. He has learned from his mistake. He is trying hard to make up for his mistake he just doesn't know the right way but he really love..."she didn't let me finish.

"Don't just don't. I know what love is and this is not love. He has learned from his mistake then so had I and believe me once is enough to last for a life time. It's easy for you to say because you haven't went through countless night of torture. You weren't deprieved of every drop of water for days. Because you don't know how it feels to lie in your own piss. Do you know how it feels to loose your....."she abruptly stopped as if realising what she was saying.