49- royally screwed.

Agustin's Pov......

........................................................

# Day 13

Happy birthday to me.

I hate this day-I dread this day, this is the same day my parents died. I never liked to celebrate my birthday, and I never did before I met you and Jacob, I remember how both of you always tried to cheer me up, saying that I should move past it or it will always be painful if I don't try to move on, that was the first time after my parents death that I celebrated my birthday.

That was before our marriage, I remember my first birthday after our marriage. I never thought it will go that way. It stills hurts to think about that day.

I recalled my last birthday, tear stinging at the back of my eye.

You were not home when the clock stuck 12,
I thought you may be planning something special and just pretending to have forgotten my birthday to surprise me.

Then my phone rang, I hurriedly ran for it, thinking you must be calling, to say something like, come on the roof or something, as I used to do on your birthday, but it was Jacob's call.

I picked up, he wished me "happy birthday, beautiful." I giggled and said thank you.

" So what's the plain for today?"

I excitedly replied "I think Agustin is planning a surprise for me"

Jacob went silent on the other side of the call, after a while he said he have to go and hung up.

I waited, waited and waited...one hour, two hours, three hours...whole night, you didn't show up. I cried to the pillow whole night.

I tried to console my self, you must be stuck with somthing important. I checked my mobile again and again, for any message, any call, there where none.

Deep down I knew you are just hanging out with your friends, like countless other nights, when you don't even think it's necessary to at least inform me. But I couldn't make bring myself to believe that, I thought at least today will be different.

You came in the morning saying your friends dragged you to the pub and you spend the night in one of your friends house.

I couldn't say anything, I just stared at you. Maybe I didn't do a good job in hiding the pain on my face,

Sensing that you catched your ears and said that you are really sorry and it won't happen again, then you asked, what I want you to do to make me forgive you.

The words where on my lips but I didn't- couldn't voice it, I just wanted you to say,

'Happy birthday, Onika.'

That would have done, I would have kissed you then and there, every thing forgiven, it was that simple.

Instead I said, "you are forgiven but from next time at least message me," I gave a small smile to pretend every thing was okay, but if you I would have looked carefully, you would have noticed, I was holding back tears.

I instead, you smiled, kissed my forehead and said, "sure thing."

You started to make your way to our bedroom when your phone rang, you looked at the screen and a frown appeared on your face, " fourteen missed calls from Jacob, what's wrong with him" you mumbled and latched the phone to your ear. I could see a shocked and guilty expression taking over your features, and I immediately figured out what Jacob said.