2- Regret

Agustin's POV...

I grabbed the Private Investigator by his throat and seethed at him, my eyes burning with pure rage at the repeated failure,

"What the hell are you good for if you can't find a woman, with no resources whatsoever to hide herself from one of the best investigating team." I tightened my hold on his neck.

"I gave you enough time that's it, if I don't get Onika's whereabouts within a week you are as good as dead, understand?" I withdrew my hand from his throat and threw him on the floor.

He started choking and gasping for air. Ignoring the question I just asked, this time my voice increased by an octave "I. Asked. You. Something. "

"Ye-yes--Si-Sir" he stuttered.

"Good, now don't show me your face unless you have her address and don't forget you just have one week. Good luck"

He ran for the door as fast as his leg would allow.

As soon as he left I heard a knock.

I raked my hand through my messy hair to calm myself. "Come in." I finally said, gathering myself a bit. Just a bit. That's all I can manage without her being at my side.

It was Jacob, my best friend, the only person I trust now... apart from Onika. Even taking her name hurts. It hurts recalling all that I have done to her. Two bloody damn years and she is still missing. Where are you Onika, I am going insane without you, all I could see is your tormented face in front of my eyes. Ever time I close my eyes. Everyone I open them.

"Wow, what is it with you, that poor man was shivering from fear all over, what did you do?" he looked at me suspiciously.

"Nothing. At least not yet. But my patience is running thin, if he doesn't give me any results by the end of this week, he better hide himself with the same accuracy with which Onika did, or Lord help him." I said with bitterness.

Jacob rolled his eyes upwards as if asking for some strength to bear with me.

" Jesus, what is wrong with you, he is just doing his work--" I cut him off to come to the point.

"I think someone is helping Onika otherwise how can she manage to remain hidden for this long? After all it has been two years since we started our search, and God knows how many Private Investigators I have hired because I seriously have lost count. When she left me, she took nothing with her except for some of her old clothes. Not. Even. A. Penny...not even the wedding ring" I mumbled the last part to myself. Closing my eyes in sheer frustration and helplessness.

"Once I get my hands on who-so-ever he is, I am gonna show him what hell actually means I am not gonna spare anyone​ whoever tries to keep her from me"I voiced my thoughts.

"You will show him what hell means just like you showed Onika?" He questioned in a mocking voice, his lips curling downward in disgust.

Only Jacob has the audacity to talk to me like that, had it were anyone else, they would be six feet under.

And I do take whatever he throw my way, beacuse he has ever right. After all Jacob and Onika were good friends as well. And I had hurt her so bad.

"Don't you dare blame anyone in this. You have only your self to blame. You were supposed to love her, protect her and above all to trust her." he shouted at me. Then something like pity crossed his eyes, but he continued,

" I don't even know the full extent of what has happened between you two, but I still remember the condition in which I saw her that day." He closed his eyes for few seconds as if shaking the disturbing memories off his mind.