59- painful.

Agustin's Pov....

"Take legal action against me, I am ready to confess my crimes, Every. Single. One. Of. Them" I said sternly, even though I don't feel even legal actions will be enough, nothing is enough anymore, but that can be a start.

Her lips parted in disbelief and she kept looking at me incredulously.

"Prove it Onika." I repeated again, I want this, I need this, desperately.

She recovered from her shock.

Her nose flared, breathing quickened, she closed her eyes forcefully, clenching her fist to her sides and before I can blink she slapped me, slapped me so hard my head turned to the other side.

"Are you trying to mock me?" She said.

"Is it still me who needs to prove things to you?" She sneered through gritted teeth, her eyes flushing with anger.

"How fucking dare you?" She clenched her teeth, I have very rarely seen her this angry, the last time I remember, it was when I told her to dance infront of the servants.

My heart clenched in disgust, all towards myself as I recalled that day.

"Why don't we turn the table around," she said, a cruel smile playing on her lips.

"I give you two options Agustin, the choice will be yours, The first one is, I take legal action against you, and you get to redeem yourself, as you seems so eager to do that. The other one is you give me divorce, I will disappear from your life, completely, it will give me my freedom back, and that is what I want."

She tilted her head closer to me and said, "the choice is yours, you choose and I will act on it, no questions asked. Choose wisely Agustin, you have twenty four hours."

"Why are you doing this." I asked brokenly.

She looked into my eyes furiously and said, "why am I doing this? You think I can live in peace knowing that you are rotting somewhere in jail?You think that is what I want? This is not about vengeance, I. Am. Not. You."

"I know this is not about vengeance." I said in a pleading, for her to understand how much I need this.

She took a deep breath and said, "Let us make it simple, the choice is between what you want, and what I want let's see how much has changed, let's see what matters more to you." She said in an emotionless voice.

Saying that she stood up walking to the door, but before she left the room, she turned towards me, there was an emotion so intense in her eyes that it made ever hair at the back of my neck stood erect with a feeling of...fear.

Looked straight into my eyes, her eyes softened a bit, I can see guilt there, with a resolved expression on her face, she said,

"I have once loved you Agustin, I truly have--" she paused for few moments, blinking back tears, "--like nothing else in my life...like no one else can--" she said and her hold tightened on the door knob, knuckles turning white as sheets.

"I remember those days Agustin, I haven't forgotten anything, how I used to wake up wrapped in your arms, you looking down at me, lost in your own daze, like I am the most precious thing to you.

I still remember the look on your face, the satisfied smile on your lips. I remember how it used to make my heart flutter, I remember how it's used to quicken my breath, how it used to make my lips curled in a smile, I remember everything. They were the most beautiful moments of my life and I will carry them with me till the end of my life.

How many times I have wished I could go back in time and lock both of us in that time. Many nights I have cried myself to sleep wishing that, but it doesn't work that way." She said in a grim disappointed voice, "how I wish it did, but it doesn't."