Chapter 7

Kuroko's Pov

When I opened my eyes I didn't know where I was. Instead of bars I was looking up at a wooden ceiling and I was warm and comfortable in a bed. I sat up and felt my body ache in protest. With the pain came the flood of memories from what had happened last night. I began to gasp, unable to get enough air in. the door opened and Akashi stood there, his hair tousled from sleep and he climbed into the bed, pulling me against his chest.

"It's okay, just breathe."

The moment he touched me I instantly calmed but he still held me for a few moments, slowly rocking me back and forth as he did so. He pulled back a little and I looked up to meet his eyes. He had taken his eye path off and I could see his golden eye sparkling in the morning light. I lifted a hand and touched his cheek.

"Does it frighten you?"

"No, I think it's beautiful."

I realised then that I had no clothes on, just a towel over my waist and I was all but sitting in his lap. Blushing I shuffled away and pulled the blanket up around me. Akashi made a move as if to pull me back but he stopped and stood up.

"There is a change of clothes by the door," he said pointing to a chair.

He turned around and walked out, closing the door behind him. When he left I dropped my head into my hands and winced when I touched my cheek. Standing up I moved over to a large mirror on the wall and gasped when I saw my reflection. I gingerly touched my cheek which was covered in a dark purple bruise that spread form under my eye and all the way to my jaw. I moved my mouth and winced at the pain but nothing was broken. I could see bruises on my wrists and my legs as well. Turning away from my reflection and the memories I pulled on the clothes that Akashi had given me. They were a little big and I realised that they smelled of him. I buried my face into the long sleeves and closed my eyes. I would miss him when he left. He would have to go today, after what he did last night. The headman wouldn't stand for violence in response to protecting me.

I opened the door and was surprised to see Akashi was fully clothed and armed. He wasn't the only one. The rest of his group minus Kise and Aomine were there as well, also looking ready to fight.

"What's going on?"

"I take it you have no possessions? It's my impression that the old bastard would give you nothing."

"Ah, no I have nothing."

I didn't know what Akashi meant as he moved forward and handed me a back pack.

"I had this made up last night. It has some clothing and food supplies as well as a sleeping bag I bought."

"Why do I need this? What's going on?"

It was the green haired Midorima who answered as he was stringing his bow.

"You're coming with us of course. We are leaving this hell hole."

I dropped the bag with a gasp.

"I can't leave!"

Akashi ignored me and moved forward, picking the bag up and putting it on me, pulling my arms through he straps as if I was a child.

"Takao, Himuro, keep him between you at all times."

Two dark haired men moved up beside me and smiled down at me.

"You don't understand, I can't leave! He won't let me."

"You will find we are strong enough to hold off the headman's thugs."