Chapter 51

""Get off me! I don't know what you are talking about!"

I lashed out at him but he easily caught both of my wrists and pinned them above me head in one of his.

"Come now I can see it clearly."

He lifted my shirt even more and began to stroke my stomach. I felt a wave of disgust as I tried to pull my hands out of his grip, tears of fear and frustration in my eyes.

"How are you doing it? How are you so healthy when you are pregnant with one of them?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said again, still trying to get out from underneath him.

"I'm a man, I can't get pregnant. Let me go!"

"That would be true if you were human but you aren't, not fully."

For the second time in as many minutes I was shocked into stillness as I stared up at his keen eyes. He knew who I was. Now I remembered where I had seen him before, or more importantly the move where he licked his thumb. This man had been with the villagers.

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to scream for help but he covered my mouth with his spare hand.

"Oops. No, you don't. I am not here to hurt you."

I glared up at him above his hand as if to say, really?

He cocked his head and gave me a wry smile.

"Hmm, guess I am not making a good defence, am I?"

He reached inside of his jacket and grabbed out a strip of cloth. My eyes widened in fear as he gagged me with it. I tried to fight him off but his bruising grip on my arm was too tight.

"I am truly sorry to do this but I can't have you calling your thralls towards us. I'm not prepared for fight."

I blinked up at him in confusion. My thralls? Seeing the look in my eyes he laughed, letting my arms go and covering his face with his hand.

"Do you really not know? You really don't know how to use your powers to their full potential? You've turned two people but you don't control them like you could. However, I need your knowledge about this."

He turned his attention back to my stomach and he pressed his ear to it. He kept my arms pinned to my side as I mumbled around the gag, trying to push him off me.

"I can sense it inside you. An infected child. Maybe that's where I stuffed up. I tried to father the children when obviously I had to have my thralls do it. With you though, you can carry them, safely. You have to tell me your secret. I will create more thralls and make more children. After all, you and I are unique. We should make a new species."

I understood his words then. He was infected. Now the ringing in my head made sense and the fact that Akashi and Mayuzumi couldn't sense him. He was the only other person out there like me.

Akashi's Pov

I rolled over and put my arm on the other side of the bed but instead of encountering a warm body it was cold. I sat up, instantly awake as I looked around the empty room.

"Tetsuya?"

There was no reply to my words so I got up and quickly got changed. I headed into the kitchen and saw an empty vial of the serum next to a note on the table.

I know you had a big night so I have let you sleep and gone to have breakfast in the hall. Will be back soon.

Love Tetsuya.