Chapter 58

Kuroko's Pov

Mayuzumi had an arm around me as he helped me walk around the small cave. Midorima had told me that it would be best for me to get up and moving to make sure I didn't develop any problems after the surgery. The pain was still pretty strong after two days but Midorima was able to keep it to a manageable level with some of the herbal teas he gave me. it would only take me half the time to heal as a normal person but Akashi said we only had enough food to last a week in the cave so we would have to move on. I did worry about what we would do out there. I would be useless in a fight and I would be taken one of the warriors away because Murasakibara would have to carry me as I held onto Mitsuki.

Thinking of my daughter I heard her crying and looked over to see Momoi jiggling her up and down and side to side as she tried to settle my baby.

"I don't understand what's wrong! She doesn't want the bottle, I just changed her. Tetsu-chan!"

I tried not to giggle at her stressed-out face. Aomine however didn't hold back as he roared in laughter. It was a mistake though as Momoi rounded on him and dumped Mitsuki in his arms. The moment she did Mitsuki's cries grew even louder, her face scrunched up and red.

"Oi, Momoi. Not cool. Take her back! What if I break her! Hey, someone. Tetsu!"

This time I couldn't hold back my laughter and I clutched my stomach, wincing in pain as I did.

"Hey idiot, don't make him laugh, he is still hurt!"

"I didn't mean to! Here, you take her!"

"No way! You two started this, you fix it!"

I took pity on Aomine as he panicked, glancing at Kagami for help.

"Give her to Akashi."

Aomine spun and walked over to Akashi who was sitting against the cave wall, dozing. He smiled as he reached out for his daughter and the moment he had her in his arms the crying stopped. She gave an adorable coo and was asleep in a moment as Akashi went back to dozing.

"Amazing. He has the touch."

"There's nothing magical about it, she just wants her father."

I noticed the strained look in everyone's eyes as I said that as I returned to walking around the cave.

Something was going on. They were hiding something from me. it wasn't about my daughter. Midorima and Takao had been very open about what they learnt about Mitsuki. I had been a bit shocked and against them taking her blood and testing it but I understood that it was the best for her. After all she survived on blood and serum while inside me, what would I feed her know that she was out?

My fears had been unfounded though as she just ate the same as any other newborn. The only changes were that Midorima did add some of the serum, he didn't want to take any chances since her blood contained a higher concentrate of the infection than any of us. However, the infection seemed to only be in her blood, she would be unable to infect humans unless they directly injected her blood. There were traces of it in her saliva but not enough to completely infect anyone. Both Akashi and I had sighed in relief when we were told that. She would be able to live a mostly normal life. Unlike me she did not have to worry about who she bit or kissed. She could grow up happy.

So, the secret did not lie with my daughter.

Mayuzumi helped me sit down on my bed roll and I glanced at Akashi. It had to be about my husband. I looked over at him, trying to pin point what it was. He was tired all of the time. Spending most of his days sleeping. He also didn't move around much either. There wasn't much room to move around in the cave in the first place but everyone would always get up and walk around to get the kinks out, or do a bit of exercise. Akashi never did. He also never offered to help me with my daily walks. It was always Mayuzumi. I began to panic as everything else I had seen unconsciously came to the service. He was paler than normal and Midorima was always talking to him and taking his vitals, testing his blood and making him drink a lot of serum.