Chapter 21

Kuroko's pov

Something was wrong.

The thought yanked me out of my deep sleep and I bolted up in bed clutching my chest as my heart threatened to beat out of it. It was thumping in my head as well so I drew my knees up to chest and rested my head on them. If felt similar to an infected person nearby but I got a nauseas feeling as well as having a dark cloud of foreboding hovering over me.

After a few seconds I realised that the thumping in my head was the sound of someone banging on my door. I moved towards it, feeling like I was walking through jelly. My whole body felt strange and I had a sudden urge to go to where this wrong feeling was coming from.

Midorima had his hand raised to beat on my door again when I opened it and he sagged in relief when he saw me. Takao met my gaze and gave me a relieved smile.

"Thank goodness you're okay."

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

"Did Akashi hurt you?"

His hands roved over me as he looked me over for any injuries.

"I am fine. Tell me what's going on."

"Nothing. Can you promise me that you will stay here?"

"No I can't, something has happened. I can sense something strange."

I almost missed the look that passed between the two lovers and the feeling of dread grew in my chest.

"Midorima, where's Akashi?"

This time the reaction was more noticeable as he physically flinched at the name. My heart was now a heavy weight in my chest.

"Where is he? What happened?"

"We aren't sure. It's like last night but worse. He attacked someone."

"Seijuro."

"I am going to help him now, I need you to stay here."

"No, I'm coming with you."

"I need you safe Kuroko. You are the answer I can't risk something happening to you."

I felt angry and useless at the same time. Was I some damsel that had to be locked up in a tower and secluded from the world? I remembered Akashi's face as he asked me to stop him if he became a danger to anyone earlier this morning

"I have to come. The only way you can stop me is to physically lock me up and I won't go easy."

The taller man looked down into my burning eyes and Takao smiled, shaking his head.

"Let it go Shin. I would do the same if it was you."

I flashed him a thankful smile before turning back to Midorima who was shaking his head in defeat.

"Fine but you stay with Takao, I won't have anything happen to you."

I followed after them, my legs rushing to keep up with them. Despite how calm they looked on the outside I could tell they were worried about Akashi. What was wrong with him? What type of sickness turned you into a mindless beast?

I stopped in my tracks and put the pieces together, my mouth open in shock. They realised that I wasn't following anymore and rushed back over to me.

"Kuroko, what's wrong?"

Midorima went back into doctor mode as he looked me over but I grabbed his hands, my eyes wide with fear.

"I did it to Akashi. I made him sick!"