Chapter 46

Akashi's Pov

I watched Kuroko stare out the window where he was sitting on his chair. He hadn't said much this morning, only asking to be sat in his chair and left alone. He was grieving over what had happened with Aomine and Momoi yesterday. I clenched my hands into a fist and glared at the table in front of me. I had been counting on them to be on our side. They were the two that loved Kuroko just as much as I did. Now those two and Kagami had joined Aida in his calls to end the life of the child growing inside of my husband. Midorima, Riko, Hyuga and Takao had taken our side, saying that the child and Kuroko deserved the right to live and they were doing all in their power to help. The others had been quiet, neither supporting or disagreeing with our choices. They were simply leaving the decisions to us but I could see Murasakibara wore the same troubled expression when he would come around. Speaking of the devil he arrived carrying a bag with a sweet smell and Himuro beside him with a pot of something.

"What's that?"

"Food."

He brushed past me to go to Kuroko. I watched as the bluenette looked up and his sad face lit up in a smile, his eyes widening as the giant opened the back and pulled out a chocolate. The cocoa plants he had been cultivating with Kagami must have finally matured. Kuroko hummed with pleasure as he ate one of the chocolates. A moment later though I saw the familiar signs of rejection. Murasakibara grabbed the bucket and held it under his face as he threw up the food. He began to cry then and I buried my face in my hands as his quiet sobs reached our ears.

"Seijuro."

I ignored Midorima's gently voice. He reached out and touched my shoulder gently. I looked up, my eyes full of pain to meet his tired ones. He smiled down at me and ruffled my hair.

"We don't have a choice. We need to try this."

"It hasn't worked with you giving him blood, why would this work?"

"It's not just blood. It's like the serum we made for you and Mayuzumi. It will halt the growth of the infection. I think if he drinks this then it will help. I have run out of ideas. We need to try this."

"But does he have to drink it?"

I rubbed my tired face, my body still ached from my long patrol yesterday and I could have slept for longer but Kuroko had been sick again this morning so we had spent a while in the bath as I tried to bring down his fever.

"It will get absorbed easier and that way the baby won't be taken his blood but this serum instead."

"Help!"

We spun at Murasakibara's pained cry to see Kuroko's body was convulsing in the giants'  arms, gasping for air, his lips turning blue. I rushed over and the lavenderette put the small body on the ground. His hands scrabbled to grab my arm, his eyes wide with fear as his back arched off the floor. There was a horrible wheezing coming from his chest.

"Shintaro, what is this?"

"He is having a seizure! Hold him down to stop him from hurting himself!"

As he said that Kuroko gave one more pained breath, his chest lifting off the ground and then he collapsed, deathly still with his eyes closed.

"Tetsuya!"

"Start CPR!"

I leant over and titled Kuroko's chin back, opening his mouth and pressing my lips to his. They were dry and way too hot. I moved away and pressed down on his chest, keeping his heart beating. I breathed for him again and continued to pump his chest.