Chapter 15

The following days took on routine. Mornings until lunch time I spent with Midorima and doctor Aida while Akashi would be out helping the others prepare for winter. He would be the lookout for the hunters and gathers who went out. There were never any incidents thanks to him.

After lunch I was given a rest time. I caught up with the others either joining them for training, a basketball game on an old court or simply to have some drinks and talk.

After dinner, it was time for just Akashi and I. Of course the others knew what was going on, Midorima the most because he saw my body when they would run their tests and see the marks my lover had left on me. Everything was going well, we had settled down.

Everyone except Aomine.

I would always find him staring at me or by my side. He would tease me and say things that would release Akashi's rage and jealousy. He always found some reason to interrupt our time together and I had to feel bad for him. Akashi understood for a little bit but after a week he had reached his limit.

"I swear I am going to kill him."

We were sitting in our cabin going over our weapons. I only had two small knives, the most I could handle with my lack of strength. I had argued that I didn't need it for the undead. Akashi had simply countered that they weren't what I needed to protect myself from.

"Don't do that. He isn't that bad."

He looked over at me and raised his eyebrow.

"He interrupted your bath the other day Tetsuya!"

"He didn't know I was in there. Grandma had stepped away for a moment."

We had all got to calling the oldest women in the camp grandma, she liked to say the whole settlement were her grandchildren. It didn't need to be said that her real grandchildren were probably dead.

"Well what about when he keeps coming around?"

"He's lonely Seijuro. For a long time, he had you to feel the same loneliness now he doesn't even have that."

"Well what about finding others to talk to? Kagami or Momoi?"

"Momoi is close to him. She has sort of taking to mothering him since she cant do that to me anymore."

"What do you mean mother you?"

I sighed and put the knives down before walking behind him and hugging him. I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Jealousy is not a good colour on you."

"Well how can I help it? I just got you and know it seems that people are trying to take you away!"

"Seijuro."

He heard the change of tone in my voice and bowed his shoulders in defeat as I stepped back and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Fine. I will relax a bit."

"Thank you."

I went to kiss his cheek but he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap, kissing me passionately.

"If I have to go on this long trip tomorrow morning I best get my fill of you."

I laughed as he carried me over to our bed.

In the morning I was cold. I reached over to Akashi to find his side of the bed empty. I started to panic a little but then I remembered he would be out with the hunters this morning. I didn't have to have any tests run today either so I had free time. Pulling the blanket over my head I tried to fall back asleep but I couldn't, not without Akashi's warmth beside me. With a sigh I got up and started to get ready.